BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Congrats brofessor! LOVE the paint, glad you didn't get the "matte black" LOL! Sorry to see all the fires down undah, hope they get contained as soon as possible, and absolutely HATE seeing that many were deliberately set. Stay safe bro, and enjoy when you can!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fellas, this is a bit OT but the arson story is largely misinformation from parties seeking to distract from the main issue. Yes it's a problem and yes those caught will be dealt with, but most of the fires (all of them in Victoria so far) were mostly started by dry lightning strikes in the middle of the bush. The rest, well, let's just say idiots throwing lit cigarette ends out the window or not knowing WTF "total fire ban" means are not that popular right now :-(

·
Super Moderator
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So the popping through the air box at cold start up has varied on my bike. The first 300kms it didn't do it at all and it was on old software. Then it started to do it. I updated the software to the latest and it started fine the first time. Now it is doing it again. Not very much. Maybe 1 or 2 pops. Not that worried.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Fellas, this is a bit OT but the arson story is largely misinformation from parties seeking to distract from the main issue. Yes it's a problem and yes those caught will be dealt with, but most of the fires (all of them in Victoria so far) were mostly started by dry lightning strikes in the middle of the bush. The rest, well, let's just say idiots throwing lit cigarette ends out the window or not knowing WTF "total fire ban" means are not that popular right now :-(
Despite how excited we are at @bennymx getting his new toy... There's only 24 people charged with arson so far the cunts.

Anyhow, had the chance to hop on the bike to visit mates pub, decided 40degs was a bit warm to ride in..

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hope the backfire through the intake doesn't start damaging the air filter. It would be interesting to see if a flash from one of our vendors fixes it, then you go back to stock to verify.

·
Super Moderator
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I have now completed around 1200kms and have removed the rev limiter. Still yet to go for a twisty ride with the limiter off which I hope to do this weekend.

Ride distance: 400km
Weather: 28°C and Sunny
Mode: Race (similar to slick from K46)
Tyres: K3 Metzeller
Limiter: Still on
Road type: Twisty with a rough asphalt surface which is very abrasive

I went for a 400km twisty ride last weekend. I put the bike in Race mode to test how it would go compared to my K46. It was warm and dry conditions. K3 tyres fitted. Rev limiter still on. I had to keep short shifting around 9k due to the limiter. I normally run gears out to red line even on the road. A lot of 1st and 2nd red line rather than shifting to 3rd or 4th. The traction light was flashing on almost every corner which was surprising as the K46 never really did that. Maybe it was just the sheer power and road surface making the tyre squirm. It would have also been fairly hot. It only intervened to around 20-30%. The Brakes were great. They did eventually develop some lever travel but less than the K46 I felt. The handling was superb. Change of direction was done with a lot less effort. The stability while cornering and braking is a big one for me. It's so much more planted and feels like it has more grip then the K46. I only hit lean angles of 52. Over all the bike was really good. It did a couple of weird things though. I tried to start it after filling up with fuel and it just cranked with no fire. It was like no fuel or no spark. I turned the key on and off a few times and it eventually started. Then while I was riding the dash turned off. The bike kept running and I kept riding it. Then after maybe 10 seconds the dash started back up again and went back to normal. Battery terminals were tight and no faults.

Keen to get out this weekend with the limiter off and go a bit faster to see what she's got. I am also going to configure the race pro modes this time as I now have a good base to start with from using race mode.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue or ignition switch. hopefully it doesn't happen again but if it does I'll be looking forward to seeing what it was. Glad you're able to ride her. How are the fires out there now?

·
Super Moderator
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Sounds like a wiring issue or ignition switch. hopefully it doesn't happen again but if it does I'll be looking forward to seeing what it was. Glad you're able to ride her. How are the fires out there now?
Still going. Smoke is every where in the city. The Australian Open tennis competition may get cancelled. Players are collapsing on the court and coughing. The air quality is at hazardous levels and the other day it was double the worst in the world which was India. It's pretty bad. We have a lot of rain forecast for the next week so I hope that helps put it out. But also because all the trees are burnt the ground won't have any root systems to hold the soil. Once it rains there will be landslides. There a lot of reasons it's bad but for me I really just want to be able to go riding in the beautiful areas. I have a ride planned with a lot of people so we can spend some money in these areas to help the locals out.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Still going. Smoke is every where in the city. The Australian Open tennis competition may get cancelled. Players are collapsing on the court and coughing. The air quality is at hazardous levels and the other day it was double the worst in the world which was India. It's pretty bad. We have a lot of rain forecast for the next week so I hope that helps put it out. But also because all the trees are burnt the ground won't have any root systems to hold the soil. Once it rains there will be landslides. There a lot of reasons it's bad but for me I really just want to be able to go riding in the beautiful areas. I have a ride planned with a lot of people so we can spend some money in these areas to help the locals out.
I hope you do get rain. At this point I think a land slide would be the lesser of two evils.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So I finally picked my bike up 2 days ago. It's been a long wait but its good to finally have my own bike. I won't provide any ride reports as half the country is on fire and now it's raining at my place. I have already provided a small ride report on one I rode a while back here.

I had already pre-ordered all my accessories so I could fit them right away. Which I went ahead and did last night. Still need to remove the front reflectors, sort out a exhaust and fit my TFT protector. I'll do that later.
Congrats, Benny.
We all know it was a long wait for you.
Hope the bike was worth the wait.
Now, can you please go back to your old Avatar?
It was possibly my favorite part of visiting this site.

Those fires look like hell on earth.
God Bless Australia.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Congrats on the arrival on your M! Nice mods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 67 Posts