BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I finally picked my bike up 2 days ago. It's been a long wait but its good to finally have my own bike. I won't provide any ride reports as half the country is on fire and now it's raining at my place. I have already provided a small ride report on one I rode a while back here.

I had already pre-ordered all my accessories so I could fit them right away. Which I went ahead and did last night. Still need to remove the front reflectors, sort out a exhaust and fit my TFT protector. I'll do that later.
Congrats. did you notice rear tyre rotation arrows ? mine also came this way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
@bennymx can you provide more detail on the clutch pack and oil control valve? Are there part numbers/ recall info? I can't find neutral to save my life.

Pretty sure it was a washer or something to that extent they would install. Helped control how much oil was getting in there. Someone please correct if I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
My front wheel has stains from brake fluid from when it was in the crate. New wheel for me.

There was a video on YouTube I forgot which guy it was but he brought his m model in to get the rev limiter removed and he had to leave the bike there due to a brake fluid leak they found I believe. Wonder if there is gonna be another recall interesting this is the 2nd time hearing something about brake fluid. Did you notice that when you picked it up?

·
Super Moderator
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The callipers have had big leaking issues since release. Mainly on the other K5x models not the K67. Some of them leak in the crate but then stop leaking once you start riding. Won't be a recall. Just replacements. They will be ok but brake fluid does its damage quickly.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
@bennymx Your bike looks great! :grin2: I really like the M Rearsets. Do you know if the M Rider Footrests (Pic attached) fit the M Rearsets or are they meant to fit the OEM rearsets? I plan on getting the M Rearsets and would like to get black footrests as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@bennymx Your bike looks great! :grin2: I really like the M Rearsets. Do you know if the M Rider Footrests (Pic attached) fit the M Rearsets or are they meant to fit the OEM rearsets? I plan on getting the M Rearsets and would like to get black footrests as well.
They only fit the OEM rearsets.

·
Registered
146 Posts

This is a good idea however BMW did not agree .... sad

·
Registered
896 Posts
I like that little tank bag, unobtrusive.
Don't like phone and wallet in it though, stick them in your inside jacket pockets. A mate got seperated from his bike at speed up in the snowies, bike exploded as did his phone and wallet.

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Benny

Looks sweet, my bike just arrived at the shop. I'm so happy right now. it's being stripped at the moment having a load of stuff done as well as a paint job. Unfortunately i won't get it until March. So it's killing me: I'M in the UK

·
Registered
236 Posts
There was a video on YouTube I forgot which guy it was but he brought his m model in to get the rev limiter removed and he had to leave the bike there due to a brake fluid leak they found I believe. Wonder if there is gonna be another recall interesting this is the 2nd time hearing something about brake fluid. Did you notice that when you picked it up?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts