BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Very nice. Just amazing how other countries can put this stuff together so cheap and yet good quality and ship it around the world. That paint alone would be $1500 or more.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have reloaded the images and they are working from my wife's account so I think you can see them now. Would you guys that posted above about the image problems go back and delete your post so it will clean up the thread please?

Thanks for advice about heat distortion. They sent some shielding material with the parts, and I had some more...i put a boatload of shielding down there anywhere near the exhaust, and I'll put some more by the radiator hose, but I guess we will see what happens..

Here are more pics...

It's already happening to yours, at least to the mid fairing. Kind of surprised the lower didn't curl as well. I haven't used the bellypans from my kits.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
It's already happening to yours, at least to the mid fairing. Kind of surprised the lower didn't curl as well. I haven't used the bellypans from my kits.
Almost looks like the radiator hose is preventing the curl

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for pointing that out. But I think it's always barely touched the radiator hose. There's no way to put any heatshield in that location. I will keep an eye on it and will get a pretty good test of it in march - a 3 day track weekend....

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I'm impressed as well, I almost ordered a set from them.
Hopefully the selection starts to approach what is available for previous gens.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To the OP.

Im curious mate as Im in need of new fairings myself, under the order menu their is a "Complete bolt" selection... did you choose the free option or did you pay the extra $35 for the "complete fairing bolts"

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. But I think it's always barely touched the radiator hose. There's no way to put any heatshield in that location. I will keep an eye on it and will get a pretty good test of it in march - a 3 day track weekend....
Maybe try putting an additional heatshield sleeve around the hose, much like the stock one, that is already there.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts