BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I've talked about my daughter here and there. She's 27. Been battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma for the past 3.5 years.

She's been on many treatments for it. Had a stem cell transplant last year. Went to Sloan Kettering in NY, etc. To date, nothing has worked.

Tomorrow morning she goes to Yale New Haven to start another stem cell transplant. It's a 20 day procedure for the transplant. First step is they kill her immune system with chemo and radiation, then rest, then she gets my sons stem cells and more radiation to suppress her immune system.

She's going to get very sick throughout the procedure and she can't have any of us by her side because of Covid. So 20 day procedure then after that she may be in the hospital for another 30 days recovering. No visitors during recovery either.

Tonight she told me she's scared.. Kinda hit me because as a parent you only want the best for your kids. It's our job to protect them. I can't do anything but just be supportive for her.

I took this picture 6/20/20 She often shaves her hair off before a heavy chemo treatment because she hates when she loses her hair because it falls off in patches before she's completely bald. Throughout her illness she's has been strong. She told me she's happy she's the one that's sick because she wouldn't wish this on any of her family members/siblings. She continuing her treatment but said she's ready to accept the future outcome whether good or bad.

It sucks seeing my first born go through this... Thanks for listening. I'm ok. Just venting. I already have one of my kids beat Leukemia (A.L.L.) hopefully I have another one beat their illness. We won't know if this stem cell transplant is a success until at least 6-12 months so it's going to be another long waiting game.

Registered
Stay Strong and All the Best to your Daughter 馃挭馃徑馃挭馃徑馃挭馃徑

Reactions: Fatal

Premium Member
Very sad to hear what your daughter and your family is going through. I wish her and your family the best and will keep your all in my prayers. I am sure the support you are giving means the world her.

Premium Member
You got this! I wish she was cutting her hair purely by choice, but tell her she's got at least one fan!

Registered
We all hope and pray for the best. I'm sure she will beat this time in her life and will come out a even stronger woman. The best to her, you and your whole family.

Registered
As a Father of a Daughter who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than watching your child suffer and not be able to do a single damn thing about it, begging God to take it from her and give it to you in exchange. All you can do is LOVE LOVE LOVE. Best wishes!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your kind words. It鈥檚 always nice to know that there are people in this world that actually do care about others.

To everyone else that has a loved one suffering with a medical issue I say the same to you. Stay strong and positive no matter how hard times get.

This round I won鈥檛 be able to take any pictures of her. I have so many pictures of her in the hospital. Some cute some ugly. I do it for the memories. If she beats this she can see what she went through. If at some point she loses the battle then they will just be more memories I have of her.

this picture is from a big snowfall fight we had. We even made an almost picture perfect snowman that was about as tall as her.

Hope she recovers, not suffer any more.

Reactions: Fatal

Registered
Good luck praying for your daughter hope it will be easy and successful may god be with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
One autogenous transplant. A number of years, but I do not know specifically.
Her first stem cell transplant was an autologous transplant. We thought it was the final treatment since they harvested her own cells. It was hard for her but she pulled through and we thought things were good but after about 6 months we learned that it didn't work and her lymphoma was still spreading. So they started yet another type of treatment which didn't work either.

The Drs said she needs another stem cell transplant asap. So all did swabs. Turns out my son and I were a match. The Drs said they prefer to take cells from the youngest match.

If you saw my daughter in person you wouldn't even know she's sick. She hides it well and is very humble. Pity is unacceptable for her so we treat her as if she is not sick while being supportive when she needs us to be.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Stem cell transplant day today. Spoke to her yesterday and last night. She is extremely tired and sounds lethargic. Haven鈥檛 heard from her today but she is very depressed not having anyone physically by her side while she goes through something this difficult.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts