BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Log the fuel quantity in the tank is one thing but measure the real fuel in the tank is another. So yesterday I made my test with the fuel channel in the AIM logger. First I logged the fuel without any filter, meaning logging the raw signal from the tank. As seen in the pic below in red the measured fuel in the tank changes as the bike accelerate,decelerate and as it leans. As a result the fuel quantity in the tank is very accurate if the bike is not moving but not very accurate while the bike is moving with changes even of 5 liters. So what is the solution...
AIM in the new software RaceStudio3 has some kind of a filter that it's called "Measured filter level". This "filter" can make the average of many measurements and be more precise. So in the pic in the blue line the filter is been applied. As you can see the fuel level is way better with changes less than 1 liter of fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Log the fuel quantity in the tank is one thing but measure the real fuel in the tank is another. So yesterday I made my test with the fuel channel in the AIM logger. First I logged the fuel without any filter, meaning logging the raw signal from the tank. As seen in the pic below in red the measured fuel in the tank changes as the bike accelerate,decelerate and as it leans. As a result the fuel quantity in the tank is very accurate if the bike is not moving but not very accurate while the bike is moving with changes even of 5 liters. So what is the solution...
AIM in the new software RaceStudio3 has some kind of a filter that it's called "Measured filter level". This "filter" can make the average of many measurements and be more precise. So in the pic in the blue line the filter is been applied. As you can see the fuel level is way better with changes less than 1 liter of fuel.
I wonder if adding anti-slosh fuel tank foam would help..

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think that if you insert race foam then you cannot use the fuel level sensor of the bike.
You could also just measure how much gas you put into a bone-dry tank, do a session/sprint, then syphon all the gas out and measure. The difference is how much you consumed.. Right? Or maybe I missed the point of your mod.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You could also just measure how much gas you put into a bone-dry tank, do a session/sprint, then syphon all the gas out and measure. The difference is how much you consumed.. Right? Or maybe I missed the point of your mod.
It will not be the same for all sessions, tracks and most important roads(not using it a lot but someone might).

·
Registered
833 Posts
It will not be the same for all sessions, tracks and most important roads(not using it a lot but someone might).
This pleases my OCD, having the exact amount of gas and not a drop more.

However, the weight savings you're getting is probably less than the burrito you had for breakfast that morning :laugh:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Finally used it in a track after a loooong brake...

I really miss the tracktime.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Upgrading the water pump...

Session is starting so I made something that WILL help the bike in the track to perform better.
A new water race pump with advanced technology coming from F1 that prevents cavitation. Company promises 7C decrease in operation temperature which gives better performance. The company works with Althea Racing in SBK.
I haven't yet try it, but I install it with some new Samco silicon hoses. The pump is bigger in size and the belly pan in my bike needs to be modified (closed belly pan). Probably in non race belly pan it might fit without modifications.
Looking forward to try it>:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Session is starting so I made something that WILL help the bike in the track to perform better.
A new water race pump with advanced technology coming from F1 that prevents cavitation. Company promises 7C decrease in operation temperature which gives better performance. The company works with Althea Racing in SBK.
I haven't yet try it, but I install it with some new Samco silicon hoses. The pump is bigger in size and the belly pan in my bike needs to be modified (closed belly pan). Probably in non race belly pan it might fit without modifications.
Looking forward to try it>:)
What brand pump is that? And where did you purchase it?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
They are made by Jetprime Italy. The unit is CNC machined from 7075 T6 aluminum.
Some info are here. Since it is a new product is not yet in their site. Price is almost double of the original water pump:serious:. I will try to make a reliable comparison with air temperature and water temperature in the same route.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Grumble. Grumble. Jetprime also makes the gorgeous carbon fiber oil pans as well. :frown2: As I recall the pan improves function. There's an old thread about it somewhere. Like we need more stuff to spend money on. :laugh:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts