BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it new in December, removed all the panels and had them painted black, and now have 12,845 miles on it. Lost a month of riding while the panels were painted and lost the last five weeks due to an unintended off road excursion that bent the front rim and broke 5 of my ribs. That happened on the 8th of June on the "Snake" in TN. I'm healing and the insurance and Max's BMW in Brookfield, CT are healing the XR.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Working on it :grin:

·
Registered
859 Posts
OH man, ribs hurt! I broke one myself a year ago on the dirt bike. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. They sure do! It's been 4 weeks and I'm about ready to ride again.

·
Super Moderator
6,473 Posts
Good to hear you're healing up. Stay on the pavement, or switch out those tires, not so good on dirt. I like black, Darth Vader!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the Snake, sorry to hear of your excursion, ribs are no laughing matter. Nor are they a sneezing or coughing matter. :) Sounds like you're almost back on board.

Congrats on murdering-out your XR. Your painters did a fine job.

I see that you have a touring windscreen with that cool laminar flow attachment at the top. I have one on my FZ1 and it seems to help. How well does that screen setup work for you? Do you get buffetting? I presume that you have to look through the screen rather than over it. Does the smoke color detract from visibility in low-light conditions?

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts