BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about this new post. Couldn’t get the existing thread to load. I never listen to music or have the phone hooked up. Too distracting. Perfectly content to listen to the motor. Even on an all day ride on my GS the engine is all I need.
On a ride last summer I could swear I heard a clicking sound that wasn’t there when I started out. IMO any weird sound bears investigation. Pulled over and sure enough, sheet metal screw in the rear tire. I was able to plug the tire and limp home. Would never have heard that with the distraction of extra audio input. Might have been a bit messy to lose the rear at speed.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
If I'm riding by myself for more than 30 mins, or will be on the highway in a small group for any amount of time, I will be listening to music. I also have a Sena like others here.

I think music is the opposite of distracting. It keeps my brain from drifting on those boring stretches of street riding.

I don't listen to music at the track since ~15 minute sessions aren't long enough, and track riding is exciting enough for me without music.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
You must be kidding...the classic opera, "Hansel and Gretel", is a favorite among erudite Millennials!
Somehow I doubt it, although the justly famous Evening Prayer (Abendsegen) the children sing is gorgeous and might elicit their approval.

Typically only classical musicians, such as myself, know that the pop Engelbert sang under an assumed name and to whom it originally referred.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Somehow I doubt it, although the justly famous Evening Prayer (Abendsegen) the children sing is gorgeous and might elicit their approval.

Typically only classical musicians, such as myself, know that the pop Engelbert sang under an assumed name and to whom it originally referred.
It is wonderful to have a classical musician among us. Perhaps one day we could jam...you on your harpsichord, and me on my bongos.

:grin2:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Not riding today, but am jamming somewhat Olde School, Simon and Garfunkel, Sound of silence (original acoustic version - best) to The boxer, to Scarborough Fair. While there, I listened to all the other artists version of that ancient song. Think my fave is actually by Nox Arcana (never heard of them until now), which seems to be a really old, longer, more traditional version from their "Winter's Majesty" album. Like the lyrics best, it's a beautiful version of it. If you like that classic, you should try this version of it.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hey, I’m old(er) lol...but when I ride, I listen to multiple playlists, from disturbed, slipknot, five finger death punch, korn, rise against, etc. to gerald levart, coltrane, george benson, al jarreau, vandross, mcknight, sos band, sisqo, etc....

It’s all about the mood...

Sorry, if I don’t fit the mold of an older person.

:)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts