BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads

I'm moving to Arizona (Phoenix) from California here in a couple months if all goes well in school over the summer.

I'd like to know what are some good shops in the Phoenix area to get the S1k serviced and what shops to stay away from.
Any good info would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
831 Posts
DJ Khalid voice "Another One"

I got no info for you but to say I also am planing on heading out there. The timer has started and hopefully be there in less than a year. VA can keep all this damn humidity........ and all these over baring revenue collection officers they have everywhere.

Damn state has given me PTSD, I can't go past a break in the median on a Highway and not look to see if there are any revenue collection officers fishing. /rant

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm taking care of my motorcycle at goaz they have one of the best technician over there.
Very nice people and have a huge selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got no info for you but to say I also am planing on heading out there. The timer has started and hopefully be there in less than a year. VA can keep all this damn humidity........ and all these over baring revenue collection officers they have everywhere.

Damn state has given me PTSD, I can't go past a break in the median on a Highway and not look to see if there are any revenue collection officers fishing. /rant
When are you planning on moving out there? I should be in Phoenix around the end of August.
Do you know anyone down there?
I've been to VA and I wasn't a big fan lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm taking care of my motorcycle at goaz they have one of the best technician over there.
Very nice people and have a huge selection

Will definitely have that shop in mind. Do you know how is the motorcycle scene in Phoenix?
group rides? Any good canyons to ride? local forums?

·
Registered
307 Posts
There is group in Facebook for Arizona called "Arizona BMW S1000RR" all of the members are from this forum
There is a lot of places to ride with a beautiful scenes in Arizona a lot of canyon and mountain riding.
Prescott, Jerome, Sedona, Payson, Devil Highway and much more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is group in Facebook for Arizona called "Arizona BMW S1000RR" all of the members are from this forum
There is a lot of places to ride with a beautiful scenes in Arizona a lot of canyon and mountain riding.

Awesome!....I will look you guys up once I have moved out there. I'm looking forward to riding the new roads out there and looking forward to meet new people.

·
Registered
831 Posts
When are you planning on moving out there? I should be in Phoenix around the end of August.
Do you know anyone down there?
I've been to VA and I wasn't a big fan lol.
so far our initial move will land us around the scottsdale area. NE side of phoenix looks like its got close proximity to curvy roads. even for living on the westside, yarnell mtn. looks a good bit away.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so far our initial move will land us around the scottsdale area. NE side of phoenix looks like its got close proximity to curvy roads. even for living on the westside, yarnell mtn. looks a good bit away.
Right on. Well I don't have anything sure yet, but I think for me I will be somewhere around Glendale area.

By the way, funny signature lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd try DTR Motorsports if I lived in the PHX area About Us ? Ghilli Man Racing

Dustin Apgar aka "Ghilli Man" owns the shop or is somehow affiliated w/ them. You've, no doubt, seen his helmet dragging videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/insanod

https://youtu.be/4Ov43cWkYIA

Hey lads

I'm moving to Arizona (Phoenix) from California here in a couple months if all goes well in school over the summer.

I'd like to know what are some good shops in the Phoenix area to get the S1k serviced and what shops to stay away from.
Any good info would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
All the roads mentioned particularly 89a(yarnell to Jerome) are good roads, but come with the usual warning. Cops love 89a because motorcycles are easy pickins and there are many many hiding places for cops in them there hills(said in my best redneck voice). I've been here in Lizard land since 1979, been on pretty much every road you want to ask about and yes I have signed a few violations in my time. Ride the roads, but be careful... :grin2:

As far as shops..... Dustin A has been around a long time, but I only had him do some stuff for me when he worked at KTM(my dirt bike days).... My neighbor bought a bike from DTR and has worked with them so DTR might be an option for out of warranty bikes. Mark L..(very busy tech) is one of two people I will allow to touch my bike. You can find mark at GoAz Scottsdale.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Where in VA are you? Agreed re: humidity and cops. :serious:

·
Registered
442 Posts
So awesome to have another s1000rr rider here!

I created a group on FB for Arizona s1000rr people, but it's been a tad dead due to the heat here lol

As far as shops, there are 2 delaers- GoAz (has a peoria and scottsdale location) and RideNow. There are only 2 mechanics at the dealers that I would trust. The Peoria location, I don't know who their BMW mechanic is. The mechanic at the Scottsdale location is Mark Ladezma - he is a wonderful guy and very smart! At the RideNow Euro, there is Bruce, who I have entrusted my s1000rr to.
DTR is a small shop, and Dustin is a really great guy. They don't really specialize in any brand. They work on anything, and definitely specialize in track related stuff - they are the suspension guru's!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So awesome to have another s1000rr rider here!

I created a group on FB for Arizona s1000rr people, but it's been a tad dead due to the heat here lol

As far as shops, there are 2 delaers- GoAz (has a peoria and scottsdale location) and RideNow. There are only 2 mechanics at the dealers that I would trust. The Peoria location, I don't know who their BMW mechanic is. The mechanic at the Scottsdale location is Mark Ladezma - he is a wonderful guy and very smart! At the RideNow Euro, there is Bruce, who I have entrusted my s1000rr to.
DTR is a small shop, and Dustin is a really great guy. They don't really specialize in any brand. They work on anything, and definitely specialize in track related stuff - they are the suspension guru's!!!
So is this the same facebook group we are talking about here?...
lol isn't heat=more riding? :rolleyes: unless this is a killer and exhausting heat.

Got it, I'm adding all the info for these shops thanks. I sent you guys a friend request.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All the roads mentioned particularly 89a(yarnell to Jerome) are good roads, but come with the usual warning. Cops love 89a because motorcycles are easy pickins and there are many many hiding places for cops in them there hills(said in my best redneck voice). I've been here in Lizard land since 1979, been on pretty much every road you want to ask about and yes I have signed a few violations in my time. Ride the roads, but be careful... :grin2:

As far as shops..... Dustin A has been around a long time, but I only had him do some stuff for me when he worked at KTM(my dirt bike days).... My neighbor bought a bike from DTR and has worked with them so DTR might be an option for out of warranty bikes. Mark L..(very busy tech) is one of two people I will allow to touch my bike. You can find mark at GoAz Scottsdale.
I think I've had more ticket violations in my vehicle than my motorcycle. Now that I remember I've got zero tickets from my motorcycle.

·
Registered
307 Posts
So is this the same facebook group we are talking about here?...
lol isn't heat=more riding? :rolleyes: unless this is a killer and exhausting heat.

Got it, I'm adding all the info for these shops thanks. I sent you guys a friend request.

Yes same Facebook group
Killer heat

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think I've had more ticket violations in my vehicle than my motorcycle. Now that I remember I've got zero tickets from my motorcycle.
Naaaaaaa not the case for me in good ole virginy. tend to average a speeding ticket every two years. bikes and car.

No, like every time I pass those damn median pull offs in the middle my heart drops, I start slowing down, and start praying that no one pulls out. virginia got me fuvked up over this. I got a CDL too so its a pain in the ass. Last one I had to get a lawyer so it wouldn't put points on my license and the insurance company won't get a wiff of it and try to bend me over:crying:.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts