BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

GoPro

Wanna start doing some Motovlogging. Gonna get the hero 9 but what else do I need? I was gonna get this mic

This mic adapter ( apparently you need it? )

And a case somewhat similar to this to hold the mic adapter to make it compact as possible

I’m open to suggestions. I do wanna be able to hear my voice/ bike on video when riding and have as little wind noise as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
795 Posts
GoPro is such a disappointment. After all of these years with the enormous motovlogging market, they still can't come up with a camera for the purpose. In fact, the Hero 9 is worse because it's bigger/heavier than the 8.

Everyone complains about the need for external audio input - both 3.5mm analog and Bluetooth - but nothing. You still need to buy the HUMONGOUS audio adapter, which also needs to be mounted to the helmet. The alternative is the even more HUMNGOUS media mod.

We need something like this:
  1. Small/light form factor for helmet chin mount. Maybe like the Hero5 Session or the Sony RX0 II.
  2. No screens or external UI other than a start/stop-on/off button, light and beep. All config can be through the phone. We don't need the extra size, weight, expense and power of touch screens.
  3. 3.5mm analog audio and Bluetooth audio input. The GoPro phone app should also have the option to record audio, including from BT intercom like Cardo/Sena. No adapters needed.
  4. Include a mount on the camera body itself to remove the need for a cage/housing.
  5. Allow it to be powered externally while operating.
  6. Better battery life.
In the meantime, I've mostly relied on the Insta360 One X2 for simplicity. But I still want a better chin-mount camera. Here is a quick look from my bike several months ago:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GoPro is such a disappointment. After all of these years with the enormous motovlogging market, they still can't come up with a camera for the purpose. In fact, the Hero 9 is worse because it's bigger/heavier than the 8.

Everyone complains about the need for external audio input - both 3.5mm analog and Bluetooth - but nothing. You still need to buy the HUMONGOUS audio adapter, which also needs to be mounted to the helmet. The alternative is the even more HUMNGOUS media mod.

We need something like this:
  1. Small/light form factor for helmet chin mount. Maybe like the Hero5 Session or the Sony RX0 II.
  2. No screens or external UI other than a start/stop-on/off button, light and beep. All config can be through the phone. We don't need the extra size, weight, expense and power of touch screens.
  3. 3.5mm analog audio and Bluetooth audio input. The GoPro phone app should also have the option to record audio, including from BT intercom like Cardo/Sena. No adapters needed.
  4. Include a mount on the camera body itself to remove the need for a cage/housing.
  5. Allow it to be powered externally while operating.
  6. Better battery life.
In the meantime, I've mostly relied on the Insta360 One X2 for simplicity. But I still want a better chin-mount camera. Here is a quick look from my bike several months ago:
Definitely agree. Yes the 9 is bigger then the 8. Not sure why they went backwards. I’m coming from the hero2 so even with the media mod the 9 is around the same size give or take. The hero 9 came in yesterday. I got the media mod and a purple panda external mic. The media mod has a odd shape to it. It does eliminate the audio adapter though. You plug the external mic into the back side of the media mod. It also has a spot to plug a power cord in and another part can’t remember what it’s for. I have not tired to charge and use at the same time. Might work though. I’m waiting for the ride tech Moto chin mount to come in. The size of the 9 is not gonna bother me. Do I wish it was smaller? Yea of course. Hopefully in time cameras get a lot smaller and we don’t have to use this extra stuff to achieve what we want. I got the bundle pack and the accessories I got were a lot cheaper then normal so it kinda worked out. Haven’t even turned it on yet. Battery is charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts