BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
That's sad. It was one of the very few magazines I thought worth paying for.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
How different? Surely it's about motorbikes and not Jamie Oliver's cooking.
I don't know much about the UK version. The US version was funded and written by dedicated enthusiasts and did not accept any advertising, so it didn't feel "corporate".

It did in depth reviews on bikes and gear that were thoughtful and seemed unbiased. It also had articles by doctors on medical conditions related to riding and psychology/mental health subjects related to riders, articles by a cop motorcycle officer, a great section where riders wrote in with their mechanical problems and a mechanic would write how to diagnose/analyze and fix the problem. Anyway - a lot of great stuff that I've not found in other motorcycle publications.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I remember grabbing some of the magazines before everything was so readily available via the Internet. A coworker of mine would sometimes exchange magazines so we did not each have to continue buying them all. It’s a shame that so much is ad-based nowadays. I cannot remember a single time I purchased something from an ad or when I was influenced by an ad. It would be nice to see them get a YouTube channel because even though there will be ads, I watch YouTube on my laptop with an ad block extension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts