BMW S1000RR Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Zarco to race last 3 races with LCR Honda, replacing Nakagami (injured). Could this be a segue to the factory team next year assuming Lorenzo goes (a real possibility)?

Like that idea...

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Zarco to race last 3 races with LCR Honda, replacing Nakagami (injured). Could this be a segue to the factory team next year assuming Lorenzo goes (a real possibility)?
Only thing is that Zarco's riding style is like Lorenzo's and we all know how well the Honda suited him. Maybe a good test for Zarco to see if the Honda is rideable for him

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I think he wants to race way more than test bikes for yammy. Why not?? I wish him the best of luck, maybe he's had some time to reflect on his cheeser run at ktm and at least may put forth a worthwhile run. I for one am very interested in the HRC possibility since the championship is over with and most likely the majority are busy shuffling resources and possibilities around for next season.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The Honda factory team is a question mark. Will Lorenzo go? Rumors had him wanting to return to Ducati (this is beginning to sound like Trump's on again/off again China trade deal), but he says he wants to ride the Honda. Alex Marquez is aiming for MotoGP in 2021...where will he go? The "optics" of him going to Honda look weird, so I think that's out. Yamaha's probably a "no-go", as Rossi has reportedly "blocked" him from that team. Be interesting to watch...

Musical chairs on two wheels.

And what about the news Sam Lowes is joining Alex Marquez on the Estrella Galicia team in 2020? I'm sure Sam's a great guy, but he is off the bike more than he's on, it seems, in races. Everybody likes him, though...maybe he'll do well with AM.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Even battered and bruised, Marquez gets 2nd. Nice for Vinales to win, but really...Marquez? He could ride a Moped to victory.

Zarco did well...too bad he got taken out.

Lorenzo...he's probably Honda history next year. Could Zarco take his place?

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Zarco to Repsol 2021. Quartararo to Yamaha 2021. Lorenzo and Rossi need to move over. Mobile chicanes the mongs.
Alex Marquez to Repsol Honda 2021, Zarco gets a one year deal

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Unless Jorge reverts to Championship caliber, I don't think even HE would want to undergo the humiliation of another year on the Repsol team, next to Marc.

Don't see Alex Marquez at Repsol. He'll want to make his own way, outside his brother's shadow, despite their very close relationship. Think Zarco would be a good fit with Repsol, provided he continues gaining confidence on the LCR.

Alex to Ducati? Not seeing that. Suzuki maybe...but then Mir or Rins has to move. Could see that for Rins, if Petrucci decides to hang it up.

Going to be an interesting 2020.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
OK...here's how to predict the MotoGP race result, months in advance:

Quatararo (Vinales, Rins...insert name) gets a good start. Marquez is in third (second, fourth...insert a place). Quatararo gets a one second lead and holds it for 23 laps. Marquez, having rehearsed this move, passes Quatararo and builds a 2 second lead in one lap.

Marquez wins.

On a really bad day, Marquez gets second.

Wake me up when someone actually wins other than Marquez. Actually, I should specify...MARC Marquez...since it seems likely that Alex may be sliding into the Repsol spot vacated by Lorenzo, according to the rumor mill.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Regardless of how anyone personally feels about MM, he's been riding masterfully, especially compared to his wild days. He has been able to discipline himself to take more calculated risks instead of just gunning it, and has made all his past mistakes subservient to his cause and betterment.

He found out his limits, the bike and track limits by crashing in the three digits. Now he's reaping the rewards.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Regardless of how anyone personally feels about MM, he's been riding masterfully, especially compared to his wild days. He has been able to discipline himself to take more calculated risks instead of just gunning it, and has made all his past mistakes subservient to his cause and betterment.

He found out his limits, the bike and track limits by crashing in the three digits. Now he's reaping the rewards.
I agree. I am glad to see him mature as a racer.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts