BMW S1000RR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Unfortunate, especially as he sustained a significant injury.

The Hondas are apparently difficult this year. All factory Honda riders have complained about the 2019 bike. Crutchlow, in particular, has been critical.

Crutchlow's observation "He [Marquez] was leaning the bike five or six degrees more than [Ducati rider Danilo] Petrucci in Mugello" to turn the same corner is telling.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
I just watched FP3 for this weekend. Unbeknownst to me Marquez has been engaging in Rossi like psychological warfare against Rossi and Vinales all week making a point to praise Quartararo saying he is showing the "true potential" of what the Yamaha was capable of doing all along. Snap! Quartararo's bike continues to wobble viciously even with no wind. Hope he's okay for the race. On to FP4. Yes, I'm way behind. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Cal is very observant of others riding styles. Must be because he watches so many races from the pit box.

Not today!! On the podium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
@bennymx Wow that was deja vu

Randy Mamola had a similar save 6 years before you were born. :laugh: Unfortunately they cut the clip. He remounted and reentered the track without stopping after. Stick with this through the interview for the slowmo replay.

·
Vendor
3,435 Posts
Great to see that there was no tension between Dovi and Marquez at the end of the race. Being more of a fan of Dovi, that was a pretty satisfying race to watch.

81 - 100 of 157 Posts