BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Has anyone tried the Motivation bar ends?

Motovation BMW S1000RR Barend Weights/Sliders

1. Any improvements with vibrations?
2. Hows the fit and finish - Black Powder Coated and Polished Stainless Steel
3. Any other options that might be better? I know a lot has been discussed about ThrottleMeister on this forum and its throttle locking cruise control feature. But it is twice the price of Motivation.
If you don't want the cruise aspect get the motivation. They are nearly as heavy and the heavy TM's. They are also tapered and will look a little better. I bought them for my CBR and no one really noticed I had different bar ends. Can't say the same about the TM's

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yes I have them, they help with the vibes but are not a cure

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes I have them, they help with the vibes but are not a cure
Mike,

quick question if I may (actually two):

When installing the bar ends, can you re-use the stock torx bolts, or must you use the ones supplied by Motovation?

What torque specs did you use?

Thank you.

Tony

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have them and they have worked very well for me. With the stock exhaust, it shifted the vibration point downwards, from 4500rpm down to exactly 3000rpm. That was more livable.

After doing my exhaust though, vibrations are gone. Totally gone.

Installation took about 30 seconds. Undid the stock units, screwed in the Motovation units. Needed a torx for the stockers, and a hex wrench for the Motovations IIRC. Torque setting? nice and tight, but no need to overdo it. In fact, a dab of loctite and medium torque would be enough - you don't need them to be wicked tight, just tight enough so they don't fall off.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I agree with kismet. Got the heavier bar ends and my vibrations also moved down to 3k from 4k. Although, with my grip puppies the vibes are near gone. The only numbness I get now is from my two fingers that rest on the brake lever. That has extremely high vibrations like a tuning fork.

Also I noticed more vibes in my right footpeg but it could be that they were there before but I was so focused on the handlebar vibrations not to notice.

Other nice thing is they stick out far enough to still offer protection for the bike too.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
So those of you who have had these for a while, do they do the job?

·
R.I.P., you will be missed but never forgotten...
2,023 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
So those of you who have had these for a while, do they do the job?
So far with these bar ends and new grips, I havent had felt vibrations in a while. So much so that I havent thought about it on some of my recent long rides. Very happy now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far with these bar ends and new grips, I havent had felt vibrations in a while. So much so that I havent thought about it on some of my recent long rides. Very happy now.
Same with me...I use Throttlemeister and haven't noticed vibrations in the recent months. Maybe I have gotten used to them now :p

·
Registered
615 Posts
Same here, motovation bar ends, different grips and actually different bars (helibar) for another reason, vibes are no longer an issue at all

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
thanks for the feedback, I think I'll get some Motovations then once they get back to me with a shipping price to Oz (probly sky high, damn US post office).

[edit] just checked my emails and got this from Motovation "Barends are $74.99 for the polished version and $78.99 for the black powder coated. Shipping will run you about $43.00. Please let us know if we can further assist you."

So the shipping is > 50% of the product. Far. Out. Cheaper than a throttlemeister I guess... [/edit]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Same here, motovation bar ends, different grips and actually different bars (helibar) for another reason, vibes are no longer an issue at all
all I did were the Motovation units and haven't had to think about vibration since. So if they were a bit pricey, it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
my vibes were reduced somewhat after the first service, but after fitting the Motovation bar ends they are totally gone, so very happy with the purchase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts