BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming your bike is mechanically sound, with good tires and suspension set for your weight, the next most important upgrade for most riders is...

Proper fitting riding gear! Leathers that are too tight or too loose can ruin a ride. I've seen so many riders go out and get a beautiful set of top-tier leathers that are just too small. Sometimes they look like a stuffed sausage. Also too loose can bunch up in areas that restrict movement. Some leathers fit well when standing or crouched over slightly, but will not allow a good track-riding-hang-off position. Sometimes all that's needed is a alteration such as a panel added or some extra material removed.

But poor fitting leathers can actually drain a lot of fun out of riding, especially with more aggressive hang-off positions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just picked up a Dianese set for a killer deal. I think they fit; snug but I could still move. They were my first pair so it was hard to really know but for about the 30% of the retail price I felt I couldn’t lose!

Maybe for others considering getting a pair you could suggest some simple tests? Too tight or too loose is tough to judge. Are there certain movements or stretches one could do, without being on a bike, that would confirm they aren’t too tight?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts