BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW S1000RR Hockenheim grey
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, so I have been a very proud owner of a grey 2021 BMW S1000RR and wanted to post pictures of my factory stock tail delete; I think it makes this part of the bike look exactly like how BMW should have approached it. It uses the TST Industries blinkers in combination with a license plate braked and light including a block off plate. Total cost is hefty with $300 but I think overall being fully plug and play with no cutting of stock cables nor connectors this is an epic way to finish the tail section of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 BMW S1000RR Hockenheim Silver
66 Posts
Hi everyone, so I have been a very proud owner of a grey 2021 BMW S1000RR and wanted to post pictures of my factory stock tail delete; I think it makes this part of the bike look exactly like how BMW should have approached it. It uses the TST Industries blinkers in combination with a license plate braked and light including a block off plate. Total cost is hefty with $300 but I think overall being fully plug and play with no cutting of stock cables nor connectors this is an epic way to finish the tail section of the bike.
Can you take a video clip of the blinkers and brake light when they’re activated? Would love to see how it looks. I had a NRC fender eliminator with integrated brake and turn signals installed. It is ok but vehicles behind me don’t pick up my signals or brake light quickly. I result to blinking my brake light manually a few times when stopping or turning to help create a better visual alert. I also use hand signals when in traffic due to my visual concern. I am constantly checking my mirrors watching for traffic behind me to moderate speed as I decel and find a lane position that gives me the best “out” option if someone is coming in hot behind me. Luckily that hasn’t happened yet but is a matter of when not if. 😕

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and I don't think there is any add on that is made for the 2020 onwards that will actually flash your brake light 3 times as these models don't have physical switches for that; as far as I know they are both triggered when the braking system is under pressure, which with the ABS recognizes both front and rear, but if someone has a solution for it, throw it in here please

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also keep in mind I'm in Arizona and it's quite bright out here, should probably post another video at dusk or dawn. The video does not do the intensity any justice; the iPhone camera's sensor adjusts to the brightness around here and makes them look darker than what they really are

·
Vendor
3,769 Posts
Are the indicators only red? Or are they orange?
I just installed one of these sunday. It will do Amber and red. The wiring needs to be Euro or USA to be totally correct in flashing. I tried the Euro setting and it worked a little on the USA General Module. The USA wiring of course worked as it should.

Reactions: bennymx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I accidentally wired one somewhat backwards and the normal running light turned yellow, so I assume the units themselves are capable but the stock harness here in the US isn't wired correctly for us to use the US branded connectors. I left mine in red, will do another video when it's a little darker tonight

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,134 Posts
Yeah we have Orange turn signals over here and only Red for the Brake light. Not specifically the TST thing just wondered if they flashed Orange over here or on EU version.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah we have Orange turn signals over here and only Red for the Brake light. Not specifically the TST thing just wondered if they flashed Orange over here or on EU version.
Lol, I liked your comment "over here", you mean on the cooler side of the US? And I guess each state has their own laws about turn signal colors, I just didn't want to over-engineer this simple thing of getting rid of stock stuff and I think design wise, TST did a super job at that but they also took forever and a day to bring them to market since they announced them months ago and then had issues with supplying them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol I meant in Australia haha but we have EU spec bikes and need orange signals and red brake lights.
Lol, so you truly are on "the other side of the planet"- helps to know that when we only have 3 time zones here and are so super focused on what goes on in the US. Would love to travel to your country and go scuba diving (another hobby of mine here with my own $3000 compressor for my tanks) and all I have here are reservoirs to go under water 😬

·
Registered
11 Posts
love these lights!!! they are waaay brighter than the oem lights!!! i have the em on my K67RR-M and by far my favourite mod thus far.!!

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW S1000RR Blackstorm Metallic
37 Posts
The single unit is capable of both EU and US spec. It all depends on the region your bike is setup for. Direct from TST: "NON U.S. BUYERS: If your stock turn signals flash amber, as they do in the U.K., our In-Tail LED Integrated Tail Light turn signals will also flash amber."

Took too long to pull the trigger and they sold out. Waiting on restock now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts