BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka area?

I have a group that I ride with but no other BMW's in the area (that I know of).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in Blue Springs, and regularly ride with another board member with a '11 who lives in Independence. We've got some great roads just North of the River over here if you ever want to head this way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Lawrence but I'm always over that way. I'll try and meet up with you sometime.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm in Smithville but when I go out to ride I usually take 435the KS side to 5 up to Leavenworth then 92 out to tonganoxie and then 10I up to atchison or whatever road that is that goes to Lawrence. I haven't been out there in a while. I get around a lot when I have the time to ride. Hopefully I get a few days this year. The best way to ensure I have riding time is to buy the Mrs a bike this year.....:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up my red/white beauty last wednesday. Why did this have to be the coldest week of the year? Riding in a summer textile is no fun when its a balmy 28° outside.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I rode through Lawrence and even down to Arkansas a few times last month. I have an electric suit and usually take a long ride twice a week, but usually start very early in the mornings.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I rode through Lawrence and even down to Arkansas a few times last month. I have an electric suit and usually take a long ride twice a week, but usually start very early in the mornings.
What brand of suit did you go with and how much does a decent one cost?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Holy old thread Batman.

Any of you guys still out in the area? I picked up a leftover '13 in April and ride with a buddy who just bought a RNineT. I checked out the KC BMW club, but most of them seem to be adventure riders.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Add one more rider to your list, i've been all over the states, recently moved from Waco TX to KCK. Portland OR was by far one of the best place to ride the bike. For the past two weeks of rain here in Kansas city reminded me of Portland. Is rain ever going to stop...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you know of any BMW owners is member of bike club/group who meets n ride together? When I lived in Portland, we met just about every Sat morning n ride all day, three stops in 12 hr periods to take avbrake, refill gas n eat...have you guys done anything like this here in mid-west?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thought I would revitalize this topic. Anyone in the KC area? I've seen one guy twice in 2 totally different areas on a 2012. Looking for people to ride with.

·
Registered
93 Posts
new KC member

As a new member, I'll wake up the thread with spring already upon us.

A couple questions....

1. How is Engle Motors with warranty and regular maintenance work?

2. Anyone know the bike that is up at Country Hill motors? It's a '14 and they want $14,500 for it. Not terrible, but it looks like I can be patient and find a better deal on the forum.

Anyway, I'll be to and from work in the south side of KC, on I-35, on my red 848 until it sells. Maybe catch someone at the coffee shop on the plaza on the weekends.

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts