BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MM Racing Ultralight Rear Brake Rotors for S1000RR / S1000R / HP4

Light weight rear brake rotors for your BMW S1000RR, S1000R and HP4 by MM Racing of Canada.

High carbon content steel and heat treated for further strength, these rear rotors only weight in at 1.06 lbs (481grams).

They look great and help reduce the unsprung weight of your bike. This results in increased performance in terms of handling, acceleration/braking and it will also reduce the parasitic loss of power to the rear wheel.

Also available with Proti Fully Forged Titanium rear rotor bolts to further reduce the weight and also add that subtle touch to make your S1000RR stand out from others.

How much?
- MM Racing Lightweight Rear Rotors are only $105.95 USD
- Free shipping to USA!
- Fast and affordable international shipping options are available.

How long till I receive my product?
- Only 1-3 Business days! (in USA)
- Only 3-5 Business days! (in Canada)
- International delivery varies by location. Usually no more than 10 days.

How do I purchase?
- Order directly from our website https://www.motomillion.com/products/mm-racing-ultralight-rear-brake-rotor-for-bmw-s1000rr

Will it work with my S1000RR?
- Fits BMW S1000RR 2010 to 2018

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask or contact us directly.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Once again you are too late MM. Already purchased and installed on both sets of wheels. Don't remember the exact figures but it's safe to say a pound and a half of unsprung weight is saved. You can feel the difference. Well worth it. Especially if your rear brake is used mostly for wheelie control. :laugh:

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once again you are too late MM. Already purchased and installed on both sets of wheels. Don't remember the exact figures but it's safe to say a pound and a half of unsprung weight is saved. You can feel the difference. Well worth it. Especially if your rear brake is used mostly for wheelie control. :laugh:
>:)

Thanks for the feedback, I am sure many other forum members will appreciate to read others experiences with these.. When you pair these with a set of lightweight wheels, sprockets and titanium hardware, the difference is even more noticeable.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
are those rear rotors only for the carbon wheels?? or can i get them for my standard s1000rr wheels ??

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are those rear rotors only for the carbon wheels?? or can i get them for my standard s1000rr wheels ??
They fit the standard wheels, cast wheels and aftermarket wheels that are for an S1000RR / S1000R / Hp4. So in short, yes they fit.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
While those look really sexy, I actually use my rear brake more than most (and not for wheelie control), and remember, we have linked brakes, so the rear brake is ALWAYS being used when the fronts are. I use it to set the chassis, and lightly scrub speed in corners if needed and to keep the top of the chain taut. I'm sure I'd probably overheat it in short order. I'm wondering if there would be an issue long-term in street use on pad life by using them with those huge holes? I'm sure they're just what most racers want. Me, I'm actually looking to eventually get some heavier front brakes to help with a fade issue. One day I hope to get Brembo T-Slot front rotors......when ya gonna have a sale on them? :)

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While those look really sexy, I actually use my rear brake more than most (and not for wheelie control), and remember, we have linked brakes, so the rear brake is ALWAYS being used when the fronts are. I use it to set the chassis, and lightly scrub speed in corners if needed and to keep the top of the chain taut. I'm sure I'd probably overheat it in short order. I'm wondering if there would be an issue long-term in street use on pad life by using them with those huge holes? I'm sure they're just what most racers want. Me, I'm actually looking to eventually get some heavier front brakes to help with a fade issue. One day I hope to get Brembo T-Slot front rotors......when ya gonna have a sale on them? :)
While the heat capacity of this rear brake will not be as much as your stock ones, you wouldn't be over heating the rear brake unless you are riding very abruptly to have the rear brake intervene that much. Also the MM rear brakes will dissipate heat faster than your stock rotors. Even if you use the rear brake more than most, these rotors will perform better than your stock rotor.

You can help with the front brake fade with a better set of pads and fluid.

T Drives are great rotors let me know when ever you are ready to purchase them and I'll see what type of deal we can make for them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I bought this rotor after watching Marcel Irnie's track build and have put 12 track days on it, including 6 at COTA with hard braking. Looks and works great, no complaints or issues, would recommend to anyone wanting to drop 250grams of unsprung, spinning weight.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
While the heat capacity of this rear brake will not be as much as your stock ones, you wouldn't be over heating the rear brake unless you are riding very abruptly to have the rear brake intervene that much. Also the MM rear brakes will dissipate heat faster than your stock rotors. Even if you use the rear brake more than most, these rotors will perform better than your stock rotor.

You can help with the front brake fade with a better set of pads and fluid.

T Drives are great rotors let me know when ever you are ready to purchase them and I'll see what type of deal we can make for them.
It's not an "abrupt" issue, I tend to drag the rear lightly into and out of the slow corners we have here to keep the chain tight on top and prevent the lurch you get because of lash in the drivetrain.

Since thermal capacity is based on mass (material being equal), having less mass with the same thermal input means they will actually get hotter. There's not much airflow to the rear brake, so a hotter brake should actually take longer to dissipate the heat. I've had some heat issues with my old stock Gixxer rear brake on really tight roads riding briskly. I'd actually like to get a Brembo 4-piston rear and bigger disk if possible, though I don't want to up the mechanical advantage much. the rear is a little weak, but not bad. Although, I think the BMW linked brake system actually does a great job of doing what I used to have to do manually and I've not had an issue so far.

I will do that regarding the t-slots. I'd love to do that as part of an upgrade consisting of T-slots, M50 front calipers, and the latest front Brembo master cylinder and lines.

I'm going to try better front pads and fluid, and hope that works for now, but the best solution is always to increase the capacity of your heatsink if you need to.

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It's not an "abrupt" issue, I tend to drag the rear lightly into and out of the slow corners we have here to keep the chain tight on top and prevent the lurch you get because of lash in the drivetrain.

Since thermal capacity is based on mass (material being equal), having less mass with the same thermal input means they will actually get hotter. There's not much airflow to the rear brake, so a hotter brake should actually take longer to dissipate the heat. I've had some heat issues with my old stock Gixxer rear brake on really tight roads riding briskly. I'd actually like to get a Brembo 4-piston rear and bigger disk if possible, though I don't want to up the mechanical advantage much. the rear is a little weak, but not bad. Although, I think the BMW linked brake system actually does a great job of doing what I used to have to do manually and I've not had an issue so far.

I will do that regarding the t-slots. I'd love to do that as part of an upgrade consisting of T-slots, M50 front calipers, and the latest front Brembo master cylinder and lines.

I'm going to try better front pads and fluid, and hope that works for now, but the best solution is always to increase the capacity of your heatsink if you need to.
When I was referring to be abrupt, I wasn't meaning it in terms of your braking inputs, but as in riding with abrupt inputs which will make your electronics work more. The electronics mainly use the rear brake, which will than start over using the rear brake.

Either way, these rotors have been on the market for a long time and everyone has had great results from using them.

·
Registered
858 Posts
These rear brake rotors are awesome, many S1000RR bikes in Bahrain have them :)

I thought i measured the weight difference between the stock and these MMR rear rotors ans found it to be 0.5 kg or 1.1lb

Reactions: MotoMillion

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These rear brake rotors are awesome, many S1000RR bikes in Bahrain have them :)

I thought i measured the weight difference between the stock and these MMR rear rotors ans found it to be 0.5 kg or 1.1lb
When you pair it up with a nice set of carbon wheels, titanium bits and pieces, the weight savings become massive compared to a stock setup :nerd:

·
Vendor
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We ship on Saturday's as well.

Order your S1000RR Lightweight Rear Rotor directly from our website.

Remember to use the discount code S1000RRFORUM to get your forum member discount at checkout.

:smile2:

Happy holidays to all of you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts