BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Good stuff Sal.
I've only put around 500kms on my new Roadtecs but so far really happy with them, huge improvement in handling compared to the stock tyres.
Interestingly, I'm no longer scraping the footpegs at the same lean angle I was before.

·
Administrator
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Im at 6200 miles. The handling has deteriorated to a point that I have to "work" to maintain any line unless the road is smooth. Cornering characteristics haven't changed as much but changed enough that I have to again "work" to make it. I suppose this is where you'd change tires if $ was no object. So far both front & rear look like they're wearing evenly. Will add pics at next update.

·
Administrator
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
8500 miles & front tire is shot. Reminder that my daily commute is around 110 miles & that includes about 24 miles of canyons. Just noticed yesterday & it was a surprise. It's down to the cords all the way around the tire! We'll see how many miles I can get out the rear tire as I'm keeping it on & just changing the front. Damn canyons! I already have another set of the 01SE but I think I'll go back to the Michelin pilot road 4 / 5 or 6...GT Whatever I can get a hold of during these challenging times for the front next time as they seem to wear considerably more evenly as depicted in post #7! I'm definitely going to go with the Michelin pilot road GT version in an effort to squeeze more miles out of them.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Tread

Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Automotive design

21 - 27 of 27 Posts