BMW S1000RR Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
FCUK !! I've been missing out riding with talented riders all this time 😠
Let us now when you boys are heading out again !! I'll be in rain, hail or shine

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm out most Sundays. Reefton to Jamieson mostly. Whole day affair. Lunch at jamo brewery.
You wouldn't happen to be at the Healesville bakery parked next to a blue 1000R on sunday by any chance ?
Went out for a run on Sunday up to Lake Mountain & popped into the bakery around 1ish, I was on a yellow S1K & my son-inlaw was on a white FZ6R...Iit seemed like your bike from past description but donno what you look like man

·
Super Moderator
6,257 Posts
That was me and my mate. I thought after reading this it might of been you. I saw the yellow beamer pull in. We left warby bout 9.30am via Reefton to Jamo by 11.30am. Turned around and came back to Healesville via the Black spur to the bakery. Then I went up Chum Creek to Kinglake where I live. You get ya bike serviced at Doncaster? I used to work there. Now at BMW Motorrad Australia.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh ok..good run.
Yeah I remember a while ago that you mentioned you worked there, I've had it serviced there a few years ago when i was here for holidays...good service & customer care, cant say a bad word about them, although now we have moved down here permanently I did go & see them about 6 months ago for a price on a new one & I think I may have offended Jarrod in sales, man for 3 months he would keep ringing me to see if I would make a decision on a purchase which his price was way more than Southbank or even Ballina for that matter....had to tell him in a nice manner to **** OFF & stop ringing me...never got a call afterwards, so go back for a service I might have dodge a few heads.
So you not on the tools anymore ?
I had Motorstar do all the insurance work a few months ago, Gavin & Wahn the owners are the nicest guys & got along well with them but the have mechanics that straight out butchers !!!
When we do catch up, I'll show you photos of their butchering work....made side to the stomach after seeing it, ended up fixing all their fuk ups my self..good as new now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I will be moving down to Melbourne (Frankston South) in July with my 2016 S1000RR so will be looking forward to hopefully meeting up with you all and introducing me to some nice rides down there as it will be all new to me as I don't know my way around.

Also, bennymx could you recommend a BMW Motorrad dealer to service my bike? I think Southbank motorcycles is the closest to me but I am happy for some opinions.

Looking forward to making some new friends!

Cheers,

Alex

·
Super Moderator
6,257 Posts
Hi Alex,

Yeah mate join the Australian S1000RR owners group on facebook and Melbourne S1000 riders as well. I will show you around the local roads for sure. Lots of goons around mate. You need the right info straight off. Stick with me.

Southbank or Doncaster are the most popular. I used Doncaster. Great service and team I have always found.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cheers bennymx,

Looks like I might have to sign up for Facebook then after ditching it 2 years ago haha!

Thanks for the offer and I will certainly take you up on it.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts