BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know for a fact because I am a BMW Motorrad tech. PCV's have been known to void warranty. Straight from the horses mouth here lads. It's a ploy to make you buy factory accessories. Same as service lights and service log books.
Awesome thanks for clarifying! From your experience is it better to tune the stock ECU or PCV? Mind you this is on the S1000R not the RR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys, just picked up an s1000rr as well, located in Hastings. I've only been riding locally (Arthur's, dromana, cape schank) but plan on doing a few Reefton trips and GOR shortly.

·
Super Moderator
6,265 Posts
Was looking at it, but my brother said A and B grade were full so we cut it away. Haven't even bothered to bring my leathers.
I'll be doing a day in Jan. I got caught in the slowest group when I took a mates spot who couldn't go once. I couldn't move up because the fast group was full. Was a dangerous day. Couldn't punch out consistent laps trying to dodge wobblers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Macca, Benny et al, if this hot weather every decides to bugger off then I would be up for a ride. Could be fun to ride with some other S1000rr enthusiasts. I often get up Kinglake way. Was at the family Xmas in Strath Creek today, took the cager thank god!!! So damn hot and windy with crap all over the roads definitely not a day to be on the bike which was a real shame as lots of good roads to and from there.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Macca, Benny et al, if this hot weather every decides to bugger off then I would be up for a ride. Could be fun to ride with some other S1000rr enthusiasts. I often get up Kinglake way. Was at the family Xmas in Strath Creek today, took the cager thank god!!! So damn hot and windy with crap all over the roads definitely not a day to be on the bike which was a real shame as lots of good roads to and from there.
I've got my son till the 31st so i'm out till then. After that though but before the 6th when i aim to head home, set a date and I'll do my best to be there

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got my son till the 31st so i'm out till then. After that though but before the 6th when i aim to head home, set a date and I'll do my best to be there
That might work :smile2: Between now and the new year is a busy time for everyone. I will wait to see what the 7 day weather forecast is looking like in a weeks time and then throw out some possible dates.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts