BMW S1000RR Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I am in France and I am looking for information. do you know if there is a recall for the problem? I'm looking to buy an m1000rr in a few new days. do they have this whole problem? in france, there are many m1000rr for second-hand sale. is the problem hidden? thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello, I am in France and I am looking for information. do you know if there is a recall for the problem? I'm looking to buy an m1000rr in a few new days. do they have this whole problem? in france, there are many m1000rr for second-hand sale. is the problem hidden? thank you
There if no official recall.
I believe in France you should also be able to have warranty extension to 5 years in total, that should give you some peace of mind.
Difficult to say why they are being sold… issue or if the person did not adapt to the bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to know if any changes have been made to the 2022 models. In France, in 2021, you had to order and wait between 2 and 3 months for delivery. today in 2022, there is stock available in the dealerships. I find that strange. Robin

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to know if any changes have been made to the 2022 models. In France, in 2021, you had to order and wait between 2 and 3 months for delivery. today in 2022, there is stock available in the dealerships. I find that strange. Robin
I had to wait a couple of months to get mine, but it was just being introduced… now that the bike has been available for almost one year, why would it be strange to have immediate availability?
As far as I know nothing changed.

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts
Get the 2022 S1000RR K67 fully loaded package at $27K USD. Better bike for just track days and canyon riding.

·
9,135 Posts
Get the 2022 S1000RR K67 fully loaded package at $27K USD. Better bike for just track days and canyon riding.
Fully loaded as in K67 M options? 27k? Has price changed? Some deals I got last year were $19k OTD with all(race & premium packages).

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts
Fully loaded as in K67 M options? 27k? Has price changed? Some deals I got last year were $19k OTD with all(race & premium packages).
There is a fully loaded package on the S1000 making it a M1000 except the rear swing arm and underslung brake assembly.

Has the Akra from the M1000

I can only get it to $24,795 on the website, but there are enough add ons that make it $27K

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
9,135 Posts
There is a fully loaded package on the S1000 making it a M1000 except the rear swing arm and underslung brake assembly.

Has the Akra from the M1000
Minus the M66 engine. Which is why the M is 10k more alone. I mean it's the main reason people buy the M IMO or maybe Starbucks status in your case 😝

Reactions: SRod321

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello, I would like to buy a few days. do you have any additional information about the modifications at bmw? do you know if the 2022 models will be modified? new engine or new piston? no information in France. thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
In which Kanton are you based, and when have you received the engine?
According to my dealer mine was the first. Other engine(s) had been replaced, but still used the same piston and piston rings - not that I care if I was the first or not, just curious since you have even been able to already run the 1.000km despite the shitty weather we have been having lately, so it must have been a few weeks already.

I collected the bike yesterday and drove only 20km (was happy to return the R1). The bike felt good and I had the impression there were more burbles coming from the exhaust.
I’ll be traveling the whole week so no chance to test it in the next days.

The document of the bike will have to be changed and the new engine number will be mentioned. Hopefully this will not affect the value.
I had in dietlikon probably they said me that are 2 bikes in switzerland for change engine , mine was ready end of January, and in shity weather i did 1000 km just to know how will go with bike, now im waiting for good weather but my bike didn’t burn 1 ml oil in first 1000km , my friend from croatia has done after service 600 km oil is clean and didn’t burn , he has new engine to..

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts
Those rings were designed for WSBK. Not Starbucks.

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts
Complain to the dealer alot and you might get a new engine. That has yet to be posted if it resolved the issue however.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm taking my M1000RR to the dealer this upcoming week for warranty work. The dealer told me to keep running the bike even though I've been complaining about high oil usage. Last ride the valves got really loud so I parked it. Thinking new motor at this point.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2022 106 miles on bike, broke in per manual… I thought dealers couldn’t place orders for the M1000 - the order had the be in the customers name? I waited over a year for mine. I should say “breaking in per manual lol”
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

81 - 100 of 103 Posts