BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
it has nothing to do with a break in, it’s the piston design. From what I heard new pistons are in production already, but who knows if this will definitely fix the issue…

What’s bizarre is that BMW continues to sell knowing there is an issue, and they are not willing to take back the bikes presenting issues, or pay compensation for it.
They have always known that it will burn oil, since it has two ring design.

I bet they made the bike for some other than daily road use :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
So I guess some owners could race to startbucks and then it will be ok to own the M1000RR!
Like every Ytube "racer" does.

But i must say that nowadays the high end Ytube racers seem to trailer their bikes to a lay-by, then throw finger gestures at the camera, show their whitened teeth to us poor people, and after that they race away on public highways to get the low IQ crowd jealous.

Many of the most popular ones seem to use an M1000RR, with the latest flash that helps them get semi erect to hold their baggy jeans on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's BMW's first engine with such design, of course it is gonna have issues, as long as they honor their warranty owners will be fine, it's a PITA to deal with it on a $40k bike though.

CBR SP had an engine issue, but Honda caught it before bikes left the factory, fixed them before shipping. BMW QA is lacking, every new platform they develop has way more issues than the competition. I.e, 2015 K46, 2019 K67, 2020 K66. Yamaha had major issues with 15/16 R1, but issued recalls, BMW does not like to issue engine recalls for some reason, but they have the best longest warranty though. Pros/cons to each brand, but I have been happiest with my 2020 GSXR compared to S1k & R1/R6. 2017 GSXR had few recalls, but nothing serious.
It`s a shame they don`t sell the GSXR1K here because the emission laws, would have bought one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts