BMW S1000RR Forum banner

M 1000 RR

32K views 263 replies 45 participants last post by  bmwbadboy 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
If it is supercharged I will leave it at the dealer for someone else. The H2 is not impressive enough to want a supercharged option and keeping weight at road race numbers.

#3 ·
They will probably reveal a matte black option, a new carbon wheel manufacturer, Carbon frame finisher a.k.a. shark gill faring, Brembo Front brake calipers, etc.
unless they are targeting drag racers or highway smack down video producers I can’t see how a supercharged RR will sell. They would put a flat spot in every gear and optimize it for 160 hp
It would be cool to see BMW make a 600CC bike

#16 ·
The only things I’m almost certain about after scanning the photo on Instagram is a Akrapovic long can (giant cat included) and winglets. I would hope for a 600 - 750cc bike but I’m sure we all know that’s not happening. I’m just confused as to if it’s a M1000RR why would they post a photo with mirrors on the bike doesn’t that just defeat the purpose .. i thought the M package on the 2019/2020 bikes were the equivalent off the HP4 and they would reserve the M1000RR for the likes of a new HP4 Race. Well if we do get those adaptive winglets i hope we can upgrade to them on the 2019/2020

#19 ·
I was told that the upgraded version would be more in line with the original HP4 (relative to the then RR) and not the HP4 RACE, which is track only and in the price strata of the Superleggera.

I do expect winglets, upgraded suspension, brakes and exhaust. I doubt they'll find more power for a street-legal bike given the regulatory environment as is.

#25 ·
It cannot be a supercharger.
They mention the track / race. Thus any and all developments are going to be WSBK focussed. Superchargers are not permitted in any series.

Thus the Wind tunnel is to signify aero. Might see some engine internal changes to allow them to improve the engine for SBK.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#26 ·
It cannot be a supercharger.
They mention the track / race. Thus any and all developments are going to be WSBK focussed. Superchargers are not permitted in any series.

Thus the Wind tunnel is to signify aero. Might see some engine internal changes to allow them to improve the engine for SBK.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You have some good points. I was just thinking of the electric supercharged motorcycle patents that BMW filed a couple years ago. But seeing the wind tunnel as a reference to (active) aero instead of a turbine seems more likely given it's likely goal to enable BMW to better compete in WSBK.

#31 ·
WSBK!? I didn't even realize that BMW was competing, lol. They are so bad, perhaps quality issues come to existence when the bike is pushed to its limits...I wonder if BMW will disappear from the WSBK scene just as they did when the first generation came out and they entered the competition.

#33 ·
It's easy for us to blame the bike but after seeing Rossi these past few years with his bike being what i thought was best of the best Yamaha had to offer lose to what I thought are lesser Yamaha's I have to wonder how much of the BMW performance in racing is the rider.

#39 ·
Aside from riders' differences it makes one wonder how Honda released their new blade a year after K67, Honda now is ahead of BMW in WSBK by many points. The last race with all of the tech issues on BMW only reminded me of all of the issues the production K67 has, talking about reliability issues BMW. I really hope they get the issues sorted out. It's getting old on both fronts.

#42 ·
Given that the BMW didn't actually finish the track part in the 44teeth test I'm hesitant to accept that it was the fastest. But I'm ready accept that it definitely is somewhere in the top 3. On the road yea it's the best apart from the serious vibrations. It is a great bike no doubt. I wonder though, should the cornering ABS have prevented that lowside?

But all that is out the window if it's unreliable. The amount of issues that the new S1000RR had and still has is not a joke and it shows even in WSBK which is embarassing. Ducati was always the one known for being unreliable but I think they improved while BMW regressed. I really hope they can turn their quality around. I'm holding out on upgrading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.