BMW S1000RR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What year do you have? I read they added softer springs because owners complained of the harsh ride. And that makes sense as hard core track riders will update the springs, but Street riders won’t go softer and will simply complain.
This makes sense

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Most forum members (I'm guessing here) are street riders. The really serious track guys who can appreciate a BMW "M" bike are a small minority, and I'm talking about the track guys who can take it to the limit, not the casual weekend warrior.

That said, BMW's "M" bikes are seriously not for the average sportbike rider. If the new bike excels on the track, it'll help sell some more reasonably priced street RR's, and that's what BMW wants...I think. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" (or Tuesday, since most BMW dealers are closed Mondays.

:)
I have a different opinion. It’s clearly made for WSBK. So win on Sunday yes. But adaptive cruise, TPMS, Cornering ABS, heated grips, ABS, Adaptive Suspension? Those are feature aimed squarely at the average street rider. And this is exactly how you sell all the other days of the week. This is what BMW has been doing since 2010. Add features where the average riders feels emboldened to get on a 200HP bike. It’s a brilliant strategy and its working.

Reactions: ampj8

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The direction the S1000RR is taking suggests it's going to get increasingly technical (and, yes, perhaps more "rider-friendly", but also more expensive). To my thinking, this opens the door for a 600cc offering that is more affordable, and more street-friendly. Let's be honest...200+ horsepower for most riders (off-track) is massive overkill. For those of us with access to mountains and canyons in close proximity, the RR is a near-perfect bike, and my '17 RR feels made for those roads that I ride. But 200+ horsepower and loads of flashy technology in an urban/suburban environment...really?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bruce - you should really experience European trackdays mate with the likes of Rehm.

Pretty much any EU trackday is a very competitive event in fast groups. On top of that Rehm do run 3-4 races as part of 3 days trackdays. Depending on the country they either do rolling or grid starts.

What you say is true in theory, but in practice not. I assume AUS or the US trackdays is somewhat kindergarten level, I'm not surprised tho.
I havent done any eu track days and dont do many in aus i do more race days and race tuning days i only do a track day if we need to test somethibg, but i dont see a track day as competetive? Im sure the fast riders push as hard as they can but its not pro race level, not even close. Plus my point was more about the calling out of slower riders because they are on flash bikes! Not sure about uk but average of probably 5 seconds difference would be a fast track rider in aus from lap record pace but again its not relative

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I havent done any eu track days and dont do many in aus i do more race days and race tuning days i only do a track day if we need to test somethibg, but i dont see a track day as competetive? Im sure the fast riders push as hard as they can but its not pro race level, not even close. Plus my point was more about the calling out of slower riders because they are on flash bikes! Not sure about uk but average of probably 5 seconds difference would be a fast track rider in aus from lap record pace but again its not relative
Thats true actually, the more flashier the bike the slower its owner.

UK is somewhat in the middle, occasionally you can get a day with a bunch of club-level or BSB guys, but often its somewhat slow. Italian/Spanish days are very fast (with people from Germany/Swiss/Italy/Spain), can easily see guys doing 1:55 at Mugello which is at CIV level.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Y’all knew this was coming. Like clockwork lol

Wonder if he does a build series with it. The one he’s got now is already pretty sick. Smack downs are a coming.

·
4,890 Posts
Exactly as i thought, you are a trackday hero, im sure your phone is ringing off the hook with motogp offers. You have never raced otherwise you wouldnt be talking so much crap. You also seem to have an issue with people that have better bikes than you and they dont ride to your satisfaction! Why do you think that you have to "call them out" why not just go past them and let them enjoy their day?
Never raced :sneaky:

When slow riders on expensive or cheap bikes start talking $hit, they get called out. It's part of the sport. What part of that you don't get? If the best part is riding on the track, the second best is the social interactions post sessions/races listening to **** talking.

Reactions: karimak2

·
Registered
228 Posts
If your sole purpose of a track day is to beat faster bikes or more expensive bikes then you have it all wrong! If someone can afford the MRR and use it on a track day then good luck to them they have probably worked their butts off to be able to afford it. A track day is where you can ride your bike in a controlled environment its not a race day! i think its a great looking bike and they will sell all of them easily, and if you gap one on a track day dont pat yourself on the back too much, maybe join a race club and test your skills properly?
Great answer! And FULLY AGREE WITH YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Exactly as i thought, you are a trackday hero, im sure your phone is ringing off the hook with motogp offers. You have never raced otherwise you wouldnt be talking so much crap. You also seem to have an issue with people that have better bikes than you and they dont ride to your satisfaction! Why do you think that you have to "call them out" why not just go past them and let them enjoy their day?
Complex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does the MRR have audible TC like the HP4 Race did?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Damn was really hoping (and expecting) it did. Thx.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Y’all knew this was coming. Like clockwork lol

Supposedly, Max Wrist has one on order too and he just picked up a 2nd new 2020 M package when he can barley walk yet. Maybe I need to be on Youtube, these guys must make some serious coin doing videos.

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts
If the best part is riding on the track, the second best is the social interactions post sessions/races listening to **** talking.
I despise the second part. An annoying, complete waste of time.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Well, in another year or so the 2021 will be "last year's model" and everyone will be rushing to get the new 2022 because it has carbon fiber footpegs or some trick like that. Then the 2021 owners will be saying their bikes are better, because those footpegs are prone to cracking. :p

221 - 240 of 253 Posts