BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Vendor
3,164 Posts
If it is supercharged I will leave it at the dealer for someone else. The H2 is not impressive enough to want a supercharged option and keeping weight at road race numbers.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
They will probably reveal a matte black option, a new carbon wheel manufacturer, Carbon frame finisher a.k.a. shark gill faring, Brembo Front brake calipers, etc.
unless they are targeting drag racers or highway smack down video producers I can’t see how a supercharged RR will sell. They would put a flat spot in every gear and optimize it for 160 hp
It would be cool to see BMW make a 600CC bike

·
Administrator
7,291 Posts
I wouldn't have thought it would be a super charged RR. Even though we saw plans of that floating around a while ago. Possibly electric RR? Bit early for that yet I reckon. Maybe like a more HP4 spec S1000RR M sport?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't have thought it would be a super charged RR. Even though we saw plans of that floating around a while ago. Possibly electric RR? Bit early for that yet I reckon. Maybe like a more HP4 spec S1000RR M sport?
I hope so, hp4 not electric

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

I was right. It's a matte black M bike

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

I was right. It's a matte black M bike
I hope it has the DLC chain

·
Registered
228 Posts
It must be a supercharged one with slip on Akra and high screen.
Among other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only things I’m almost certain about after scanning the photo on Instagram is a Akrapovic long can (giant cat included) and winglets. I would hope for a 600 - 750cc bike but I’m sure we all know that’s not happening. I’m just confused as to if it’s a M1000RR why would they post a photo with mirrors on the bike doesn’t that just defeat the purpose .. i thought the M package on the 2019/2020 bikes were the equivalent off the HP4 and they would reserve the M1000RR for the likes of a new HP4 Race. Well if we do get those adaptive winglets i hope we can upgrade to them on the 2019/2020

·
Registered
610 Posts
The only things I’m almost certain about after scanning the photo on Instagram is a Akrapovic long can (giant cat included) and winglets. I would hope for a 600 - 750cc bike but I’m sure we all know that’s not happening. I’m just confused as to if it’s a M1000RR why would they post a photo with mirrors on the bike doesn’t that just defeat the purpose .. i thought the M package on the 2019/2020 bikes were the equivalent off the HP4 and they would reserve the M1000RR for the likes of a new HP4 Race. Well if we do get those adaptive winglets i hope we can upgrade to them on the 2019/2020
I was told that the upgraded version would be more in line with the original HP4 (relative to the then RR) and not the HP4 RACE, which is track only and in the price strata of the Superleggera.

I do expect winglets, upgraded suspension, brakes and exhaust. I doubt they'll find more power for a street-legal bike given the regulatory environment as is.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
When is the reveal? Since I'm not weird I don't have FB.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts