BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a few days ago I was pulled over by OPP on hwy400 (Barrie) and had my bike impounded for a "racing" charge. I'm looking for a good lawyer in the Toronto/Barrie area that can help with this. Would be great if anyone can provide contacts. This is a BS charge and doubt if the officer has much evidence, disclosure will have to wait for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Talk to "Pointts" or similar paralegal service. They will probably get it knocked down to a very minor charge, eg., 2 pt speeding charge, which will probably help insurance and fine amount. You will have to pay them quite a few hundred dollars.

It worked for me a few years back. Was doing 120 in a 60 and crashed while I was accelerating away from cop. ( I know, stupid young kids ) Initially I got charged with careless driving and racing. In the end all I got was a two point charge and my bike back. Good luck

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talk to "Pointts" or similar paralegal service. They will probably get it knocked down to a very minor charge, eg., 2 pt speeding charge, which will probably help insurance and fine amount. You will have to pay them quite a few hundred dollars.

It worked for me a few years back. Was doing 120 in a 60 and crashed while I was accelerating away from cop. ( I know, stupid young kids ) Initially I got charged with careless driving and racing. In the end all I got was a two point charge and my bike back. Good luck
I was not speeding, and there is no speeding charge on any of the papers. As far as I remember the officer said I was aggressive with my lane change(s) and did not want to give me a chance to talk, he snapped the key right out of the ignition, he was so aggressive at first I thought he's going to tackle me to the ground or worse yet pull out his gun, kinda traumatizing. So I have to appear in court in Barrie to find out more.
Lets say that I am found innocent, all the fees paid for impound, tow and license renewal will not be reversed - thats adding insult to injury.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I got charged with "careless" for the same reason and in a similar fashion, the officer was very aggressive. I hired OTT Legal and after a second request for the disclosure, the prosecutor dropped the charge due to insufficient evidence.

Try Redline, I hear they're very experienced with these kind of cases and a solid team to work with.

All the best!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your help, really appreciate it. I'll be getting in touch with the legal people and provide an update on the case when one becomes available.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Check to see if after your innocent verdict, civil court may allow you the right to get the funds back re towing impound etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts