BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't give a **** about your dealer.
No one else does either.

You're bragging about paying full sticker for a new vehicle?
Cool story, bro.

Sticker price is for suckers, and I'll buy another Suzuki before I pay sticker.
So, what is the best deal available now on a new 2020 S1k?
The point here is not a strategy to wait and get the best price possible somewhere, but how to get a hot commodity early, conveniently and from whom you expect support and favors.

I've seen people getting their bikes by going many hundreds, even thousands, of miles to find an obscure dealer (e.g., Motonosity), but even they paid MSRP. I have no doubt that those that wait will save some significant money relative to what I paid. It might be possible to find a dealer somewhere with an RR in stock that they might be willing to unload more cheaply - especially a lower-demand non-M one - but there isn't one anywhere near me, There are just waiting lists.

But I've already had my new RR for a joy-giving six months and 5000 miles. There is some conflict between getting the bike early vs. cheaply and conveniently. I posted my strategy for executing on the former. I don't understand your apparent hostility.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think the biggest issue this is an S1000RR forum, so it becomes a sounding board for anyone and everyone who wants an S1000RR. It's a perception vs. reality issue. I remember even PM'ing a member about a bike last June when I had got mine (with a discount, if you read my last post people will give you money off and if your dealer is making you pay MSRP they aren't looking at you as a long term customer) and had a lead on 3 others in New England. He passed over it and it became someone else's. He is still talking about buying a 2020...

Here I am buying my second, without a waitlist, with a $2k discount. Reality.

Here's advise for buying: don't go into a dealer hemming and hawing, trying to dicker over 2-3 bikes when you already have your mind set on one. Have a reasonable price in mind where the dealer can still make money (you don't want them to go out of business so they can't service your bike, do you?) and be ready with money, right then and there, to buy the ******* thing. Don't waste his time. Don't waste yours. Know what you want, what package, and what you want to pay. If they let you walk, money in hand, they are going to go out of business anyway.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts