BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wrecked my beloved 2015 and insurance is totaling it out so looking at the 2020 M package.

Please let me know what you guys are seeing for otd prices.

Also, please let me know any pertinent info specific to the 2020. I saw the mid range power issue and am assuming I will need a flash. Please let me know what the latest is on this and any other mandatory mods etc. I know this info is probably in the forum but hoping someone can kindly give me the cliff-notes.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts
Well I wrecked my beloved 2015 and insurance is totaling it out so looking at the 2020 M package.

Please let me know what you guys are seeing for otd prices.

Also, please let me know any pertinent info specific to the 2020. I saw the mid range power issue and am assuming I will need a flash. Please let me know what the latest is on this and any other mandatory mods etc. I know this info is probably in the forum but hoping someone can kindly give me the cliff-notes.

Thanks!
Its retail priced and I am sure it not going to be any cheaper until May or June. I paid $23000 and I love it.

Its a great BMW product. Huge improvement over the K46... just a few details need worked out in production.

you can read these

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/bmw-s1000rr-general-discussion/237942-official-2020-bmw-s1000rr-release-info-facts.html

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/bmw-s1000rr-general-discussion/239698-2020-k67-s1000rr-fixed-usa-ecu-2nd-3rd-gear-go-fast-now-xworks.html

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/bmw-s1000rr-general-discussion/239528-what-differences-between-2015-19-k46-2020-k67-s1000rr.html

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch

·
4,587 Posts
Glad you're ok!

How did you wreck? How do you like riding in Reno?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would be tempted to take a look at this one. It has 900 miles, Brentuning Stage 1 and a Sprint filter. It has its first service and unlocked.

I was made aware of it the same day my bike came into the dealer, but opted to close on my deal. The guy's a street racer that was happier with his H2 for the purpose (per memory from a short conversation). I know nothing else about this. Caveat Emptor.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/418120602435263/

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would be tempted to take a look at this one. It has 900 miles, Brentuning Stage 1 and a Sprint filter. It has its first service and unlocked.

I was made aware of it the same day my bike came into the dealer, but opted to close on my deal. The guy's a street racer that was happier with his H2 for the purpose (per memory from a short conversation). I know nothing else about this. Caveat Emptor.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/418120602435263/

Item was removed already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I’m totally fine thanks to full leathers and hip armor. New tires, thought I was going slow, first time I leaned to the right on the new rubber next thing I knew I had low sided. Only going maybe 40mph but when the bike hit the edge of pavement it flipped so both sides got fairly busted up.

I’m still waiting on the final details from the insurance company to decide if I’m buying it back or not.

Riding in the Reno area is pretty good if you are up to journey about 90 mins of boring stuff to get to the goods. Some extremely nice areas to be had.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep, I’m totally fine thanks to full leathers and hip armor. New tires, thought I was going slow, first time I leaned to the right on the new rubber next thing I knew I had low sided. Only going maybe 40mph but when the bike hit the edge of pavement it flipped so both sides got fairly busted up.

I’m still waiting on the final details from the insurance company to decide if I’m buying it back or not.

Riding in the Reno area is pretty good if you are up to journey about 90 mins of boring stuff to get to the goods. Some extremely nice areas to be had.

The bike might be pretty easy to fix depending on the damage. China fairings are cheap ( I would use Auctmart if you go that route) crazy how insurance places just total the bike out like that. So I’m assuming if the bike is totaled out by the insurance place the title becomes salvaged right? I’ve never had a bike get totaled ( Knock on wood) which is why I’m asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I’m waiting to see final numbers. One major bummer is my rear rotobox wheel has a crack on the bead edge. I emailed rotobox just to be thorough but assuming it’s a goner, full set of plastics, entire nose section and lights pulverized, left clip on and controls, gas tank, also the instrument cluster is destroyed.. that’s looking like $1000 alone. I’m guessing 4k in parts at least.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So much bike damage and to me it felt like a really gentle lowside. Maybe I’ll buy a set of leathers for my next bike.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep on case covers and axle sliders. No side sliders though.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So.. anyone can comment on how the K67 engine feels (after flash) compared to the K46?

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts
So.. anyone can comment on how the K67 engine feels (after flash) compared to the K46?
I have done several comparisons since I own 2015, 17, 18, and 2020.

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full. i posted my number in the other thread you asked in also.

The 2020 with XWORKS ECU coding hands down whipped my 2018 with a very good RCK3/HP power kit'ed ECU.

Its all about working with someone that understands the operation of ECU with DTC on a road course where the S1000RR was designed for.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, good to know! Also fixed my inbox.

After reading about the carbon wheel issues I’m wondering if I’d be better off buying a standard with select and race package. From what I can tell the only difference at that point is forge vs carbon wheels.

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts
Thanks, good to know! Also fixed my inbox.

After reading about the carbon wheel issues I’m wondering if I’d be better off buying a standard with select and race package. From what I can tell the only difference at that point is forge vs carbon wheels.
I have been trying to buy a red bike for the last 6 weeks just to get a 2nd 2020 for one thing, and then have forged wheels that fit and maybe I can copy the rear issues that dont allow the K46 to work so well.

The Stop Sale has been a big issue and now it is lifted , I am back to trying to get a Red fully loaded 2020. I am thinking now I will wait to January and hopefully get a November built date so that most of the issues are worked out that were in the April builds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts