BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this email yesterday. Amazing that they would keep the name after that last debacle. Any takers?

Email below:

As a member of the SKULLY Nation, you may have already heard that an entirely new company, SKULLY Technologies, is bringing back the SKULLY helmet!

We are thrilled to inform you that the assets of SKULLY, Inc., have been acquired by Ivan Contreras and Rafael Contreras, successful entrepreneurs with a rich experience in start-up and turnaround ventures. These ventures include the electric vehicle manufacturer Torrot, the championship off-road motorcycle brand GasGas, the innovative electric ride-share operator MUVING, the smart city technologies company Sensefields, the aerospace carbon fiber manufacturer Carbures… and now SKULLY.

Their goal is to fulfill SKULLY’s destiny and begin shipping the SKULLY FENIX AR (the evolution of the SKULLY AR-1) this summer as their first wearable tech gear product from SKULLY Technologies.

We have been focusing our energies on product development to ensure we bring to market the original feature set SKULLY Nation desired and expected.

Ivan Contreras, President of SKULLY Technologies, assembled a new leadership team with extensive technology and manufacturing experience and has located the headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Stay tuned for an announcement next week regarding more details on the SKULLY FENIX AR as we have an exciting reveal coming your way!

Thank you for being a part of the SKULLY Nation!

Check us out at SKULLYTechnologies.com.

Direct any question to [email protected].

SKULLY Technologies

415 Plasters Ave. Suite 200 Atlanta GA 30034 United States

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I got the same email, sent it to someone that had rolled the dice last time and ask if they wanted to help with the new Kickstarter campaign :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if they'll offer a discount to the people that paid for one the first time around?
I seriously doubt it. They will say its a new company that has no affiliation with the first. They just acquired the technology. Which is true. Unless its the original team thats doing this. Then its just legally true.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I seriously doubt it. They will say its a new company that has no affiliation with the first. They just acquired the technology. Which is true. Unless its the original team thats doing this. Then its just legally true.
There was a certain amount of implied irony in my comment.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Out of curiosity, I went over to their new website and started reading on the helmet. The new design looks a lot better, but its yet to prove itself in real world test.

Couple of interesting things I noticed about the "new" company is that they intend to honor the contribution of those who paid anything towards the previous iteration of the helmet. There's actually a whole page dedicated to the detail of the policy of who gets what as per $ paid. The second point they're making is that your credit card won't be charged until the new helmet is shipped - they say sometime in summer of 2018.
I really wanted to jump on the first version - glad it didn't happen. But will be following the real world tests of this one with interest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone order this helmet since it was available this year and got one? I am interesting but want it to see if anyone has feedback from this helmet.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
There are reviews on Youtube of people who have gotten theirs. There is a sale where it's only $1500 now.

Too rich for me, but I think the cost is justifiable. A modern helmet is 400-500 for a mid-range. After you add the cost of Bluetooth, monochromatic visor, and camera+hud, it's not really that crazy. Those alone will run you 500-700 if you bought them separately. You are paying a premium to have it all there and working together too. I'm assuming named brands like Sena in that "cost" and not the lower quality stuff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I search but I have not found any video in Youtube of anyone that has received it and done a review.
I saw that "chaseontwowheels" received his 3 weeks ago but no review x-x I seen his review from 2 Years ago, but besides that there is nothing yet on Youtube from some one that received one of the new ones FENIX one and done a review on it :(

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hmm, I suppose you are right. Only CES hands-on videos and a review by the person you mentioned. I guess he also visited them and talked about it a few weeks back.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Others, including BMW, are already developing smart helmets.

Many options will be available if they become anything other than a niche product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts