BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was told it would fit, but it doesn't. The bends to the collector pipes are straight on the OEM link pipe, but angled just slightly out on the L-B10E1. It does not fit. I am going to verify if the Collector Set C-B10E1 rectifies this issue.

OEM

L-B10E1

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the collector pipe option won't work either. My collector pipes have O2 sensors and bungs, looks like the aftermarket has them in the exhaust headers? I am going to give up at this point. Looks like there is no easy way to delete the cat and flapper section.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
thanks for the info! The link pipe from the HP Race parts would probaly be the solution if that section is available as the header and secondary collector looks just like the HP4's. I wonder if anybody has the part number for for this piece?

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
That F-ing sucks. This would have been so much cheaper than getting another system. I'm surprised they came up with a completely new exhaust system for these lower volume HP4's. I started to get worried when someone posted the headers are different shape. Thanks for trying Airbag.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
Damn good idea.
P/N: 77 11 8 521 688 CONNECTION TUBE, RACE

thanks for the info! The link pipe from the HP Race parts would probaly be the solution if that section is available as the header and secondary collector looks just like the HP4's. I wonder if anybody has the part number for for this piece?

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
I'm glad we came up with the same P/N. I'll ask my dealer tomorrow & you ask yours. Will see if we get the same answers & prices.
All is not lost yet!
You beat me to it! Though I wonder if a dealership parts dept could order the part alone.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I'm glad we came up with the same P/N. I'll ask my dealer tomorrow & you ask yours. Will see if we get the same answers & prices.
All is not lost yet!
Planning on going to dealership on saturday to pick up my plate that came in. I'll ask them then.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Airbag79, do you want to sell the LinkPipe?

Can you provide details so I can ensure it will work on a 2011?

Vic

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Bad News,

Dealer said, This part has been discontinued by the manufacturer or is no longer available.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
I called Max BMW & they said it cost $557.00 and not avaiable till April.
I email a dealer in the UK for more info.
Bad News,

Dealer said, This part has been discontinued by the manufacturer or is no longer available.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Airbag79, do you want to sell the LinkPipe?

Can you provide details so I can ensure it will work on a 2011?

Vic
I am open to sell it. It will work on a 2011, but it's a Akrapovic Evolution part, so you need the collector set and headers to make it work. Is that what you need?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called Max BMW & they said it cost $557.00 and not avaiable till April.
I email a dealer in the UK for more info.
Great news! Is it a titanium part? Must be right, especially with that price tag. I wonder if Akrapovic is building these ultimately. I am going to give Akrapovic a call today and see hwat's up.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Great news! Is it a titanium part? Must be right, especially with that price tag. I wonder if Akrapovic is building these ultimately. I am going to give Akrapovic a call today and see hwat's up.
Ask them for the coresponding Akrapovic part# too since you're calling them.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
I found one in the UK!!!
P/N: 77 11 8 521 688 connect pipe HP Race system.
I'm going to order it tomorrow.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Found one in Germany. Ordered and on it's way Monday.
@ what price total?:):)

-------------------------
2013 HP4 COMP. - pending delivery
2012 Sapphire black- current
2010 Matte black (converted from thunder grey) 'Bike of the month April 2012'-sold.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts