BMW S1000RR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah comparing a boosted bike to n/a is kind of ridiculous, you should be comparing to the ZX-10R which is a great bike but down on power compared to the S1000RR. I've owned ZX-10Rs before and can't say I was blown away by the quality control. Let's see what they can do with the 2021 model. Kawasaki's motorcycle division is relatively small compared to BMW. The H2 is also a more expensive bike (list is $25k from what I've seen), and it's a big boat by comparison - not for me

I also own a supercharged Ultra 300X jet ski, which has been reliable overall, not perfect

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
I’m assuming my dealer did a good job at hiding this since @bennymx didnt post results.
He would post either way, he doesn't work for BMW anymore if I remember, so it might take a bit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The power comes on HARD at 8-9k and pulls like a freight train after that. The 6k flat spot in some of the gears makes things somewhat difficult...at 8k the flatspot goes away and it almost feels like you hit the nitrous button.
Sounds pretty good to me - power wheelie time, eating ZX-10s for lunch

·
Administrator
7,284 Posts
I was never going to post the result. I didn't do it to gloat or even to prove. I already know. The result is of little importance to you anyhow. You paid for the bike. You may do as you wish. I am simply informing you of the possible repercussions. People can think what they like about me and whether or not I am lying and making things up. This is just an internet forum. My credibility means nothing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I was never going to post the result. I didn't do it to gloat or even to prove. I already know. The result is of little importance to you anyhow. You paid for the bike. You may do as you wish. I am simply informing you of the possible repercussions. People can think what they like about me and whether or not I am lying and making things up. This is just an internet forum. My credibility means nothing.
understood. But I also pm’d you and you offered to look. I’d appreciate a pm back if you wouldn’t mind.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Gang,

Without naming the dealer I wanted to let everyone know that I convinced them to remove my rpm limiter today.
Hi Gang,
Purchased a brand new 2021 S1000RR Motorsport earlier in the week. Should be delivered to me today or tomorrow from Motoworks Chicago.
suburbs of Chicago. Moto works is my selling dealer.
OP's an idiot. And so is the dealership.

How do I know if I give you my vin that you won’t report my bike? Lololol
You already plastered your bike's pic on the forum with the vin CLEARLY on the frame in your other thread

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
OP's an idiot. And so is the dealership.

You already plastered your bike's pic on the forum with the vin CLEARLY on the frame in your other thread
thanks “infidel” but the selling dealer isn’t my local dealer.

Not really worried about someone without access to the system doing anything and even if you have access to the system you won't be able to do much.

As you can see by the mods response my dealer did in fact hide it and I have nothing to worry about, he was proven wrong, stayed quiet and I had to push him to finally respond.

As far as calling me an idiot...Considering your avatar is a passive aggressive symbol of hating Muslims I don't really need to respond to that. I was taught to ignore the ignorant a long long time ago.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
6,805 Posts
Whether it's in the BMW system or not, it will be stored in the ECU. If you need warranty work you'd best go to the same guys just in case.

·
Administrator
7,284 Posts
Lol. He thinks because I won't post publicly, information that is actually not allowed to be public therefore I don't know. Its strictly internal use. Your dealer could infact print off a summary of what was done in the ISTA session. Which would list the run in limiter as being removed. Like I said. It doesn't really matter. BMW can see it but the likely hood of the engine blowing up and them blaming that is quite small. It is 100% in the system and stored on the server. But its not really of any importance. You should have asked for a print out of the ISTA session. It will list it. The dealer cannot hide anything either. Nothing can be hidden. Its all uploaded to the server when the bike is connected. Has nothing to do with the dealer or any local storage. You really need to stop thinking you know about how all this works. You have no idea. Stop acting like you do. You're a customer at the end of the day.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
This is just an internet forum. My credibility means nothing.
Very honest statement. Bravo! Probably one of the few truly accurate things ever written on a forum...anywhere. And that isn't to single you out, Benny...nobody's credibility means anything these days! ;)

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Time to lock another thread, Benny...
Why? This is good entertainment! Maybe just move this to the Lounge as well so we can more freely comment on how much of a tool the guy is? LOL

Reactions: bennymx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lol. He thinks because I won't post publicly, information that is actually not allowed to be public therefore I don't know. Its strictly internal use. Your dealer could infact print off a summary of what was done in the ISTA session. Which would list the run in limiter as being removed. Like I said. It doesn't really matter. BMW can see it but the likely hood of the engine blowing up and them blaming that is quite small. It is 100% in the system and stored on the server. But its not really of any importance. You should have asked for a print out of the ISTA session. It will list it. The dealer cannot hide anything either. Nothing can be hidden. Its all uploaded to the server when the bike is connected. Has nothing to do with the dealer or any local storage. You really need to stop thinking you know about how all this works. You have no idea. Stop acting like you do. You're a customer at the end of the day.
Yup, I was just curious since I rarely look at the operations report. But it's no secret. I've attached a copy of mine for all to see what's being logged in the session...everything. I just cleared codes from ECU flash about 700 miles ago.

Why? This is good entertainment! Maybe just move this to the Lounge as well so we can more freely comment on how much of a tool the guy is? LOL
He's a bigger tool now

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Yup, I was just curious since I rarely look at the operations report. But it's no secret. I've attached a copy of mine for all to see what's being logged in the session...everything. I just cleared codes from ECU flash about 700 miles ago.

He's a bigger tool now
He's not just a tool, he's a "Harbor Freight tool"! LOL

101 - 120 of 144 Posts