BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the Lightech chain adjusters move forward on the s1000rr under heavy acceleration?

A friend has some on his modified 06 gsxr1000 and they kept moving forward under heavy acceleration! He ended up putting the stock nut and bolt in place to stop the issue.

He did mention they did NOT click when you adjusted them, and being 10 years old are obviously different.

I hope they fixed this issue as i don't want to deal with this headache!

·
Registered
16 Posts
No way they're going to move if the axle nut is properly torqued. I think it's around 74ft-lbs.
Yea i have that same issue and i was wondering what it was, cuz i couldn’t get them to align properly. One side was moving and the other wasn’t. Bmw installed it for me

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I had them on a 600 and they were spectacular. Never moved on me over several years of street and track use. Once I finished fiddling with initial adjustments, my chain was always in range on tension and nicely aligned.

I've not tortured them yet, but so far these Gilles ones that are smaller and cheaper seem to do the job:

·
Registered
16 Posts
okay so I re-torqued the axle bolt to spec, and no cigar, the adjusters were still moving around, so i had to double check the alignments, chain tension and everything else, I even added blue loctite to the adjusters nuts and that solved one problem of the nuts being too loose...I also wondered if the torqued spec in the manual was meant for THE OEM ADJUSTERS ONLY, so I added another 10 ft-lbs of pressure on the wrench. If this doesnt work, I give up lol...if anybody else wants to chime in, by all means lol

Side thought: Maybe adding blue loctite to the axle might help stop it from moving???? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do the Lightech chain adjusters move forward on the s1000rr under heavy acceleration?

A friend has some on his modified 06 gsxr1000 and they kept moving forward under heavy acceleration! He ended up putting the stock nut and bolt in place to stop the issue.

He did mention they did NOT click when you adjusted them, and being 10 years old are obviously different.

I hope they fixed this issue as i don't want to deal with this headache!
one quick note, in order to get the click, you have to loosen the axle nut in order to feel it, once you make ur adjustments, tighten back down

·
Registered
48 Posts
okay so I re-torqued the axle bolt to spec, and no cigar, the adjusters were still moving around, so i had to double check the alignments, chain tension and everything else, I even added blue loctite to the adjusters nuts and that solved one problem of the nuts being too loose...I also wondered if the torqued spec in the manual was meant for THE OEM ADJUSTERS ONLY, so I added another 10 ft-lbs of pressure on the wrench. If this doesnt work, I give up lol...if anybody else wants to chime in, by all means lol

Side thought: Maybe adding blue loctite to the axle might help stop it from moving???? what do you guys think?
The only movement can be from the backlash in the adjustment mechanism, the correct way to adjust is to always take out the backlash, so when you adjust the chain unscrew the adjuster out to remove the backlash then place a spanner in the chain and sprocket and put light pressure to seat everything, then tighten the axle. I have used these on All my race bike's and never had a problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only movement can be from the backlash in the adjustment mechanism, the correct way to adjust is to always take out the backlash, so when you adjust the chain unscrew the adjuster out to remove the backlash then place a spanner in the chain and sprocket and put light pressure to seat everything, then tighten the axle. I have used these on All my race bike's and never had a problem
pics?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts