BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I ride 2018RR. Rapid bike fuel module, 520 conversion +2 rear sprocket, full arrow shorty.

Today I tested launch control after upgrading from stock. I almost looped and managed to recover by a ball hair. I've launched the bike many times in stock configuration and it was awesome. My question is: Is it user error OR is it because electronics aren't configured for extra acceleration?

Any help is appreciated.
Trent.

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
Stock Launch control is not consistent on the 15-18 K46. I have had it be spot on, and then next time as your result, try to loop back.

since I starting doing the RCK3 / HP power race enables to the ECU that allows the adjustment needed to set speed vs torque applied per RPM. Then I set the limit banger at 9000. This produced very good repeatable launches.

Check me out for RCK3 / HP enables if you want to move this direction.

Reactions: verrucktaxe

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hey guys.

I ride 2018RR. Rapid bike fuel module, 520 conversion +2 rear sprocket, full arrow shorty.

Today I tested launch control after upgrading from stock. I almost looped and managed to recover by a ball hair. I've launched the bike many times in stock configuration and it was awesome. My question is: Is it user error OR is it because electronics aren't configured for extra acceleration?

Any help is appreciated.
Trent.
Having 47T on rear is somewhat unseen (stock is 17/45)

Most of racers use 16/43 gearing, only sometimes 16/44.

I would say fix your gearing and try again.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Hey guys.

Any help is appreciated.
Trent.
Easy: If it was a digital ball hair, it's the ECU's fault, if it was an analog ball hair it's your fault.... 🤣

Reactions: verrucktaxe

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Stock Launch control is not consistent on the 15-18 K46. I have had it be spot on, and then next time as your result, try to loop back.

since I starting doing the RCK3 / HP power race enables to the ECU that allows the adjustment needed to set speed vs torque applied per RPM. Then I set the limit banger at 9000. This produced very good repeatable launches.

Check me out for RCK3 / HP enables if you want to move this direction.
this is what mine will have, sir? i've only tried the aprilia's launch control a couple times. was curious how the BMW's will behave in comparison.

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
this is what mine will have, sir? i've only tried the aprilia's launch control a couple times. was curious how the BMW's will behave in comparison.
Yes, this ECU coding is with LC-13. The typical LC is 3, mine moves it to 13. However, you will heat the clutch plates really bad if you do more than 3 launches in a session.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Yes, this ECU coding is with LC-13. The typical LC is 3, mine moves it to 13. However, you will heat the clutch plates really bad if you do more than 3 launches in a session.
in a session? if i'm running 3 runs a day at a texas mile, that's okay, but if i'm at the drag strip, i better do it twice, then go traditional?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts