BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
both forks has replaced. No more noises..
It took about 1month to get the forks from Germany.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here i am again... They replaced the DDC unit inside the left fork, the knock is still here but its worse this time. They contacted again the factory who said they are looking for a solution but i'll have to wait. Why didnt they just change my fork ? Im really disapointed because the problem is here from start and still not fixed...

·
Vendor
3,634 Posts
Here i am again... They replaced the DDC unit inside the left fork, the knock is still here but its worse this time. They contacted again the factory who said they are looking for a solution but i'll have to wait. Why didnt they just change my fork ? Im really disapointed because the problem is here from start and still not fixed...
In some cases of a problem the manufacture will use the consumer as the test and trial platform. While a whole fork would have been a great solution, the replacement of the DDC cartridge would be far more cost effective for BMWAG if it had worked. Then there is the BMW dealer tech issue of education in that he really knows how to accomplish the job with precision. That part of the situation is less likely in that you need to have done a particular job a few times to get to know the exact way vs a book lay'ed out way. Hopefully they will just replace the fork this time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My bike is also getting the two front forks replaced under warranty.
It as been at the shop since the 8th of octobre. The dealer is still waiting on the parts.
I'm going to try the bike in late march since the season is pretty much done where I live.
Can't wait to try it with out the front clunking at low speed.

·
Registered
596 Posts
There's noise again, About 3000mile after replaced fork...
Damn that sucks! Tell them to replace again under warranty. Not sure where you live but around my neck of the woods the season is basically done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
There's noise again, About 3000mile after replaced fork...
Holy **** really ?? That indeed sucks... What are you planning to do ? Its scares me a bit tbh because they just approved my fork change but if the problem come again or if it doesnt fix the problem ill be very disapointed...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Damn that sucks! Tell them to replace again under warranty. Not sure where you live but around my neck of the woods the season is basically done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From NJ,
I hit the pot hole really hard and it cracked my front rim day b4 I was going to get inspection the forks from dealer.
They told me I have to wait until it's get fixed,, I'll update soon.
20201023_211902.jpg

·
Registered
280 Posts
View attachment 214141
From NJ,
I hit the pot hole really hard and it cracked my front rim day b4 I was going to get inspection the forks from dealer.
They told me I have to wait until it's get fixed,, I'll update soon. View attachment 214141
My goodness.. I wonder if the forged wheel would crack at all under those same condition. You may look away Ebay for a set of used cf wheels- or swap them for forged wheels. That be the cheapest.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I find it unacceptable that BMW has not had this problem resolved with the forks or changed fork manufactures by now! :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
My goodness.. I wonder if the forged wheel would crack at all under those same condition. You may look away Ebay for a set of used cf wheels- or swap them for forged wheels. That be the cheapest.
Thankfully insurance will cover the damage.
Original cost for front wheel is $2500.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I find it unacceptable that BMW has not had this problem resolved with the forks or changed fork manufactures by now! :mad:
Marzocchi has always been hit and miss in my experience (with Ducati), hopefully they will have a recall on them.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts