BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Thankfully I haven't noticed this with my bike either but If I do I'll will post here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I finally got a new electronic DDC unit inside the left fork. It is a newer production where the problem is fixed!
All clunk and knock sound is completely gone and front fork is okay as it should!
I was going to become mentally ill with this case but now it is thankfully allright :)
I have my bike 4 days now Macy 2020, after a 12 month delay from when I placed my order.
My bike is knocking front end.
Did BMW fix the issue under warranty?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine does this. I’m going to bring it up next time I go to the dealer for service. I’ll post back here whatever happens

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello!
BMW know the exact reason and that is this:
The noise comes from the bottom valve of the closed Cartridge (left fork).
At the change from pressure stage to rebound stage the Checkvalve-Shim compresses the spring and the nut gets in contact with the shim packet.

My bike works well after replacement and I didn't pay anything!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, it seems mine got the problem. Went to the delearship and they started to say that everything is fine etc. They will make a request to bmw germany to get help on the matter. Is it the same noise or am i becoming mad ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I had the bike back last week for the free run in service and was told that the knocking front end can be eliminated if I ride in race pro mode and turn the front damping up to 14 (max). A week later and I tested this and it works but in pro mode you loose connectivity and the front end is set up for a snooker table. This is a plaster not a fix. So I’m going to formally request a warranty replacement tomorrow. I’m done playing games. My build date is Feb 2020

·
Registered
995 Posts
Got mine replaced. It's confirmed fixed. The forks now feel great. The originals seems to be pre-production versions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine replaced. It's confirmed fixed. The forks now feel great. The originals seems to be pre-production versions.
Did they replace all the fork or just something inside the fork ? My dealer was told by bmw manufacture to just change a "bearing ring" or something like that

·
Registered
30 Posts
I finally got a new electronic DDC unit inside the left fork. It is a newer production where the problem is fixed!
All clunk and knock sound is completely gone and front fork is okay as it should!
I was going to become mentally ill with this case but now it is thankfully allright :)
I have same issue!
I just want to know,Does your warranty cover for that fix?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m being told that it’s covered under warranty I’m now just waiting for the part to be delivered and then it’s in the shop for replacement under warranty.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts