BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
More garage space is ALWAYS the answer. That just means you get to fill the bigger space with MOAR toys, which is ALSO the answer. It's a vicious cycle... 🤣
Yeah been going down this rat hole for a few years now. It all started by me seeing a cheap motorcycle I could buy on FB market place. Then I had a bike, but I wanted a trailer for it, then I needed a bigger car to tow the trailer, then I had an extra free space in the trailer so I got a second bike. Since I now had a bigger tow vehicle I got my self a bigger trailer. This trailer could now fit 2 snowmobiles! At the same time, I wanted to try a sport touring bike, so I got an FJR1300, which was quickly followed by me seeing the new S1000RR and so on,....🤦‍♂️

I am telling you, each step was a MUST consequence of my previous action. I am still trying to figure out how to get off this merry-go-round :)
Right now I am planning to massively increase the shed where I currently keep my mower. haha

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Yeah been going down this rat hole for a few years now. It all started by me seeing a cheap motorcycle I could buy on FB market place. Then I had a bike, but I wanted a trailer for it, then I needed a bigger car to tow the trailer, then I had an extra free space in the trailer so I got a second bike. Since I now had a bigger tow vehicle I got my self a bigger trailer. This trailer could now fit 2 snowmobiles! At the same time, I wanted to try a sport touring bike, so I got an FJR1300, which was quickly followed by me seeing the new S1000RR and so on,....🤦‍♂️

I am telling you, each step was a MUST consequence of my previous action. I am still trying to figure out how to get off this merry-go-round :)
Right now I am planning to massively increase the shed where I currently keep my mower. haha
Sounds like a life, well-lived! :)

·
Registered
2016 BMW S1000RR
23 Posts
I am concerned to do this because of the kickstand recall, has anyone done this before and accidentally break it?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am concerned to do this because of the kickstand recall, has anyone done this before and accidentally break it?
You and everyone else in this thread is looking at it all wrong. The kickstand will be fine. The bolt holding it will be fine. The problem is the aluminum frame that it attaches to. I pivot-rotated my S1000RR all the time. The kickstand got loose eventually, because you're putting all the weight of the motorcycle on one bolt. There's two for the kickstand, but only one supports the weight of the bike. I also had the habit of sitting on the bike while it was on the stand. I'm sure that didn't help if it was super hot and I had been riding for hours.

There's no harm in doing it once a blue moon, but I wouldn't make it a habit.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
583 Posts
I also thought more garage space was the answer. I now have 2 two car garages plus an outside spot for the trailer. The only thing that did was made me get more toys till I once again didn't have enough room to move the bikes around :)
I think it is called entropy. :)

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Ray has an amazing collection of sport bikes, particularly Ducatis.

And he is a very kind and generous person.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts