BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this technique for turning your bike around in a small area and haven’t tried it with my RR because I’m scared… but I recently moved and my parking situation is a bit less than ideal so I’m wondering if anyone does this with their RR and has any tips for confidence in trying it

·
Registered
135 Posts
In a pinch it works great, you must plant your foot behind the kickstand to ensure it stays fully extended. I wouldn't recommend this technique daily as the kickstand isn't really designed to hold the entire weight of the bike.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ballzee. How about a turntable
Iv seen it in shops daily. Never seen a failure. Youd want to be good at it tho for a rr
If the stand can handle the torque I suppose? Couldn't dream of doing it myself, but then I'm not a know-it-all 18 year old tossing around bikes all day long that belong to a boss that underpays me.

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Another solution could be stands like these, though they cost a pretty penny🥵😮‍💨

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another options:
Have you used this or just posting? I’m always a bit weary about harbor quality, but also fitment. My rear tire is a 200 and idk if it would fit on that. Sure would be cheaper than the dynamoto stands though…

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you used this or just posting? I’m always a bit weary about harbor quality, but also fitment. My rear tire is a 200 and idk if it would fit on that. Sure would be cheaper than the dynamoto stands though…
Jordan RR, I have one of those for my second bike. They work pretty well on flat surfaces, but it takes a bit of getting used to getting your bike onto it. You can find them of FB marketplace all the time for around $30-$50. Its perfect for storing a bike that you don't need all the time, because I can move it around the garage if I need to get to any of my other toys.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
just posting! I have an Abba Skylift with which to store my 2nd bike in the corner with.

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jordan RR, I have one of those for my second bike. They work pretty well on flat surfaces, but it takes a bit of getting used to getting your bike onto it. You can find them of FB marketplace all the time for around $30-$50. Its perfect for storing a bike that you don't need all the time, because I can move it around the garage if I need to get to any of my other toys.
Does it only load and unload from the rear of the stand? Or could i spin it around and roll the bike forward off of it?

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just posting! I have an Abba Skylift with which to store my 2nd bike in the corner with.
Oh you treat your babies nice if you got one of those👀 Guess I shouldn’t complain about the price of the other ones in regard to that lift😂

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
yes, but in my defense it is not just to store the spare. I use it for tire changes(wheel removal, ect) and other maint. uses, and it can lift any of the bikes I have. At times I do wish I had a Hydraulic lift table as well, but would still stick with the Skylift if I could only have 1!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does it only load and unload from the rear of the stand? Or could i spin it around and roll the bike forward off of it?
It loads and unloads from either side. but since it only has the little arm sticking out on one side for the kick stand, you have to spin it around or roll the bike on it in reverse. I have seen someone buying two of them and cobbling together one stand with two kickstand arms.

·
Registered
2016 S1000RR
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It loads and unloads from either side. but since it only has the little arm sticking out on one side for the kick stand, you have to spin it around or roll the bike on it in reverse. I have seen someone buying two of them and cobbling together one stand with two kickstand arms.
As long as I could unload it by rolling it forward off I will consider it because my little area that I park in is too narrow to try to do a 18-point turn to spin around😂

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I thought about one of the Harbor Freight ones, but honestly, I find it easy enough to roll the bike around the garage on it's own. But then, I have a 3-car garage, basically 2 of which is dedicated to the bikes, so at present I don't have the need for anything like that. May be a different story when I get the 3-rail trailer I want.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought about one of the Harbor Freight ones, but honestly, I find it easy enough to roll the bike around the garage on it's own. But then, I have a 3-car garage, basically 2 of which is dedicated to the bikes, so at present I don't have the need for anything like that. May be a different story when I get the 3-rail trailer I want.
I also thought more garage space was the answer. I now have 2 two car garages plus an outside spot for the trailer. The only thing that did was made me get more toys till I once again didn't have enough room to move the bikes around :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I also thought more garage space was the answer. I now have 2 two car garages plus an outside spot for the trailer. The only thing that did was made me get more toys till I once again didn't have enough room to move the bikes around :)
More garage space is ALWAYS the answer. That just means you get to fill the bigger space with MOAR toys, which is ALSO the answer. It's a vicious cycle... 🤣

1 - 20 of 25 Posts