BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower the height of the my bike. Fortunately, link control worked. But there was no height change through the adjustment of the suspension. (There have been considerable changes in only hard/softness) : Is this because I'm too light? I'm 130 lbs.

※ For your information, I have done the following cases (follow the manual)
-Turn the screw on the right fork
-Tuen the screw on rear suspension
-DDC settings of Race pro mode

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate question ;)

· Banned
3,422 Posts
Well, depending on the spring rate, a change from the "average" rider weight (I thought it was 150lbs) might not be enough to show with the hysteresis inherent in the system. But, I'm not an expert in setting up suspensions, I've always just ridden then as they were off the showroom floor!

· Registered
173 Posts
According to the manual, there's two ways to adjust the height. The rear link as you mentioned, and the swing arm pivot.
Turning the screws on the right fork and rear suspension sets the sag and preload, which is why you experienced considerable changes in hard and softness. This helps a bit as you sit on it.

You may get a few more mm's if you adjust the swing arm pivot. Factory default is at setting 2, IIRC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.