BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
8,308 Posts
23k??? Where do you live? I'm guessing it's not SoCal? Dealers around my way are legendary for trying to put your pants on backward and let the dealer staff take turns gang-raping on the sales floor. Every time I buy a bike from the dealer I prep like I deploying to Afganistan again.
I had yamaha extended warranty too. I find most bike companies will do their best to avoid paying any money. Dealing with dealerships sucks. Ducati seems to be easiest to deal with.

I used to live in Calif, bikes & cars are overpriced there. You can get CBRRRR SP if you look at the right dealerships. TN, AL, VA, PA, MI all have great deals. Just gotta do your research.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Regardless of brand, if the bikes engine goes it’s gonna be a hassle to get it fixed under warranty. It was a pia to get my rear rim replaced under warranty. I can imagine trying to get a engine rebuilt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Regardless of brand, if the bikes engine goes it’s gonna be a hassle to get it fixed under warranty. It was a pia to get my rear rim replaced under warranty. I can imagine trying to get a engine rebuilt

Not true, the engine fell to me this year in k67. After days BMW’s main decision New engine and give me extended for one year (now have 5 years warranty). Even a paid service when changing the oil after driving 1,000 km

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not true, the engine fell to me this year in k67. After days BMW’s main decision New engine and give me extended for one year (now have 5 years warranty). Even a paid service when changing the oil after driving 1,000 km
That’s good to hear. All dealers are different. Was yours flashed?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Despite the problems, still the best warranty service. Glad you got a new motor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got my bike back from the dealer, they replaced the cylinder head, still waiting on the front calipers. When they replaced the cylinder head they set the rev limiter. I found out when drove it rather than from the service advisor, also no communication on if another oil change needs to be performed when the rev limiter is removed, etc. Will have to give them a call. Also my valve clearance were out of spec, my bike has a little over 2000 miles, is it normal?

·
8,308 Posts
Also my valve clearance were out of spec, my bike has a little over 2000 miles, is it normal?
Absolutely not normal for a street bike. Consider yourself lucky you have the head replaced. By they time you got to 8-10k miles, your engine would have been toast with valves being out of spec that long.

Reactions: noor440

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just got my bike back from the dealer, they replaced the cylinder head, still waiting on the front calipers. When they replaced the cylinder head they set the rev limiter. I found out when drove it rather than from the service advisor, also no communication on if another oil change needs to be performed when the rev limiter is removed, etc. Will have to give them a call. Also my valve clearance were out of spec, my bike has a little over 2000 miles, is it normal?
How were you notified of the cylinder head replacement fix? Has it been declared an official recall by BMW North America? My bike was built in Jan of 2020 BTW.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How were you notified of the cylinder head replacement fix? Has it been declared an official recall by BMW North America? My bike was built in Jan of 2020 BTW.
I got a letter at home regarding the cylinder head from BMW. I'm not sure if it's an official recall or service bulletin or something. Someone in this thread said you can call BMW NA and they will be able to tell you if you provide your VIN. My bikes build date is 2020-05-05. The out of spec valve clearances is very disconcerting at just 2000 miles, I don't even ride the bike hard.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the letter for the head recall about a month ago. I scheduled the service and it was about 2 months away, July 7th. So anyone that has had this completed do they change the cam too? Was there a noticeable difference in the head tick? Mine has 1100 miles and ticks terrible.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts