BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi tom How/where do find what day your bike is built? Mine says 2/20 on the steering head . I called BMW had them do the AIR and the national VIN search and it no valve recall.

·
8,227 Posts
Look on the side of frame, there is a sticker with VIN/build date. Or you can put the vin in a vin decoder, it can tell you the year.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I had the dealer check my Vin # and so far the only recall available is for the brake caliper. My build date is January 2020. They said it could be added soon and that sometimes BMW is slow to add vin numbers to the list

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have 1 sticker on left side of frame 1 sticker on right side of frame but neither have build date ? only 2/20 on steering head? i will ask dealer and or bmw

·
Registered
45 Posts
@SavageS1000RR I agree. But the thing is unbelievable to ride. I will put up with the issues. My 21 model has nothing wrong with it at all. It should not have this many issues for a bike that costs as much as they do. But its damn good thing. I'm also never going to buy a ducati or aprillia.
I think I’ve had one recall on my 2016 RSV4 since Ive owned it, and it wasn’t even by Aprilia it was Brembo. Also had the tank replaced which took a couple days. I have more faith in my bike than I do Piaggio which is why Im considering the K67 over the 2021 RSV4 1100 (depending on how good it is). How many recalls is the K67 at now? Brake cylinder, wiring harness, oil cooler, now cylinder head, and what else?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Called BMW cust. service ask them to use air system gave them last 7 of my vin# and they gave me my build date 02/04/2020.

Benny the Aprilia RSV4 V4 has a reputation for being bullet proof. THere was a recall on cams being too soft on the very first run of the bike in 2008 . Rumors said thousands effected,ended up being only the first 17 ? off the line .

·
Registered
369 Posts
Japanese fan boys sound like the old Harley guys who used to cry...Jap Crap... when a Honda had a bad turn signal, and this was when Honda was run by Mr HOnda and you could get 60,000 trouble free miles out of a honda 50 passport. Mean while there AMF harleys leaked oil and couldnt get past 30k without new top end .

NOw jap fan boys cry euro trash when BMW has Brake caliper recall but forget that the 2015 R1 had mass engine failures in the thousands or the Honda had to recall all 2020 CBR1000RRR for defective con rods .

The HP per liter has increased somuch it is harder and harder to keep reliability stadards so high . Now people expect to do trackdays on a regular basis and not have an effect on engine life .

Try doing trackdayson a regular basis with ANY brand of automobile and see how long engine lasts .

·
Registered
369 Posts
I do have a japanese superbike (2016 H2) , and have owned all japanese superbikes . Sold my 2015 ZX10R and my 2016 GSXR spun #3 rod bearing which i sold.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They're swapping my cylinder head as we speak - they're saying its what could've caused my 02 sensor to fail

·
Registered
369 Posts
Someone on here said effected bikes where built between 2-15-20 and 3-17-20.. This is my first major recall . I do not know if he is correct or incorrect ? Just trying to help another BMW S1000RR owner.
That is the purpose of a forum?

·
Administrator
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
You are missing the point. AIR will list recalls if they affect your vin. Don't worry about what dates are and aren't affected because its not always across the board in those dates. It can be select vin numbers or ranges. This is why you always use AIR to determine and not what is written in the bulletin. DAMHIK.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Benny thanks for the info. I thought you where angry i was trying to help fellow S1000RR rider out ? Apparently a dealer told a member that this recall was bikes between 2-15 and 3-17 . So even when my vin had no head recall i wanted to know exact date of build . Another member thought the same as i did so i was trying to help him .
Good to know recalls just go by Vin # it does make sense .

·
Registered
s1000rr 2020
15 Posts
[QUOTE = "bennymx, message: 2391620, membre: 58185"]
BMW a publié un rappel pour le remplacement de la culasse. Le revêtement de surface de la soupape en titane a été mal traité, ce qui peut provoquer une utilisation prématurée des guides de soupape et entraîner une combustion d'huile. La solution est de remplacer la culasse complète. Cela concerne les vélos construits avant le 18/5/2020. Après le 18/5/2020, les vélos ne sont pas concernés.

Je sais que cela affecte les unités de l'UA. Je ne suis pas sûr des États-Unis ou du reste du monde. Si vous ne recevez pas de lettre, ne vous inquiétez pas. Sinon, demandez au concessionnaire d'exécuter votre vin et de le vérifier.
[/CITATION]
Bonjour merci pour l information 💁
Le rendez-vous est pris pour le 22 Avril le concessionnaire la garde 2 jours 🛠
Merci @ +
Une moto très polyvalente !! 20210327_103928.jpg 🤗

·
Registered
s1000rr 2020
15 Posts
[QUOTE = "bennymx, message: 2393937, membre: 58185"]
[USER = 119241] @ MARC-OLIVIER [/ USER]
300kmh pour ramasser des légumes. Très joli:RÉ