BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm glad I didn't listen to everyone saying save my money and get the K67 when it comes out. My 2018 with over 40,000kms has only ever needed a water pump I discovered leaking while on a cross country trip.
I've had my K67 since Aug 2019 and now have over 13k miles. It has had zero problems. I had the oil cooler recall done with my 6000 mile service.

The K67 is significantly better than the 2018/K46. It's an amazing bike that's been my best purchase ever. Life is too short to miss out on this.

There have been problems, but BMW stands behind their product, so I don't see what the big deal is.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm glad I didn't listen to everyone saying save my money and get the K67 when it comes out. My 2018 with over 40,000kms has only ever needed a water pump I discovered leaking while on a cross country trip.
Your 2018 bike has had essentially 9 years of development to get it to that point. The K67 will also get to that point.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Your URL has one too many Decoder in it.

The only recall shown for mine is for the calipers, but even here the recall remedy says:
"The front brake calipers will be inspected and, if necessary, replaced for free which should take about one hour."
This implies that not all calipers are being replaced, only leaking ones.

As for the head/coating issue, this appears to just be a TSB that doesn't show up on this site. I still don't see how to find if my bike is affected.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Tom I called the BMW customer service for my 2/2020 s1000RR open recall on calipers no anwers in that reguard but the only other thing was a TSB on wiring harness rubbing . But they did have TSB on record 800-525-7417

·
Registered
841 Posts
Tom I called the BMW customer service for my 2/2020 s1000RR open recall on calipers no anwers in that reguard but the only other thing was a TSB on wiring harness rubbing . But they did have TSB on record 800-525-7417
I had the wiring harness done during my 12k service a couple of months ago.

I'll call the number. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ignorance is bliss, don't ride a K67. I let a buddy (former owner of a 2017 RR) ride mine - he couldn't stop gushing about it
I disagree, a paid-off, trouble-free bike is bliss. :ROFLMAO: You can spend your life always chasing the next best thing...and you'll still never be happy. I'm happy with my 2015 and there isn't anything that would make me feel the need to buy the new one even if it were as trouble-free as mine. To me it's not worth it for what improvements there are. Instead of simply getting the latest version of a bike I already have, I chose to buy a whole new motorcycle to do all the riding I CAN'T do on my 'RR. THAT was where I chose to spend my money, and I'm REALLY glad considering all the problems. Another 5 years down the road, and maybe it might be time for a new one. We'll see...

·
Administrator
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
If you haven't ridden one. You don't know how much better they are. "they aren't better if they have more recalls and faulty parts". Who cares. When you ride it. It's great. Old one is a bus compared to it. Spend your coin on what ever you want but the new one is an awesome bike. Stop pissing and moaning you flogs. Buy one, deal with it, love it. Or shut the fk up and ride your 15/16/17. They are great bikes as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I disagree, a paid-off, trouble-free bike is bliss. :ROFLMAO: You can spend your life always chasing the next best thing...and you'll still never be happy. I'm happy with my 2015 and there isn't anything that would make me feel the need to buy the new one even if it were as trouble-free as mine. To me it's not worth it for what improvements there are. Instead of simply getting the latest version of a bike I already have, I chose to buy a whole new motorcycle to do all the riding I CAN'T do on my 'RR. THAT was where I chose to spend my money, and I'm REALLY glad considering all the problems. Another 5 years down the road, and maybe it might be time for a new one. We'll see...

Keep telling yourself that buddy.. lol

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Sure it looks nice, likely rides like a dream (have yet to ride one), but honestly as an owner how many recalls until you've had enough? Personally I always try to avoid buying the first year of anything and sometimes even the second year just so they iron out all the wrinkles. I hope all of you with these bikes are able to get your brake calipers and now heads replaced so you can somehow enjoy riding it without a nagging worry

"whats next?"
You know you can take mine anytime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZZZ

·
Registered
337 Posts
I disagree, a paid-off, trouble-free bike is bliss.
Yep - paid cash, I never finance toys anymore

I looked at a '15 black in pristine shape but guy wanted almost $15k for it. So I paid another $5k for what I consider is a far better looking and performing motorcycle that feels like a 600 in the corners (overused phrase but true in this case), plus the display/interface is night and day

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yep - paid cash, I never finance toys anymore

I looked at a '15 black in pristine shape but guy wanted almost $15k for it. So I paid another $5k for what I consider is a far better looking and performing motorcycle that feels like a 600 in the corners (overused phrase but true in this case), plus the display/interface is night and day
Compared to a recent model R-1 I tested on track and the previous generation S1000RR I rode at CSS, my 2020 feels noticeably more nimble.

·
Registered
841 Posts
@bennymx - I just read through 4 full pages of a sticky thread on the head/coating replacement issue to extract actionable information - whether my bike is affected and what information to have when speaking to my service manager. But instead I got diatribes on date formats and why the K67 owners are dummies for buying or not. The thread has become total garbage.

Anyway, do you know what the TSB number is? Does anyone know the process for determining whether your bike is affected and needs its head (and other top-end components) replaced?

BTW, the best date/time format is ISO: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss because it is uniformly big-endian. It thus always sorts correctly and is easily understood. Both US and European format lack these qualities.

Finally, those making excuses for not owning the K67 are losers. Why are you in this thread anyway?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
You know you can take mine anytime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going to have to take you up on that offer this year and see for myself just how much better the new bike is.

Reactions: ZZZ and Fbto

·
Administrator
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
@Tom Bernhardt The only way to actually confirm if your vin number is affected is call a dealer and ask them to run your vin in their AIR (aftersales information research) system. If it comes up then its affected. If it doesn't then its not. Ignore the dates in the campaign. It's not always across the board. It is probably just select vins.

·
Registered
369 Posts
HI BEnny ,If you ask them , BMW customer service/recall center will use AIR system to check for titanium valve coating issue/recall. BTW NO waiting they pick up phone immediatly

·
Registered
841 Posts
I hear this only affects bikes built between 2/15/20 and 5/17/20. It (thankfully) doesn't include mine, which was built about a year earlier.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts