BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BMW have released a recall for the cylinder head to be replaced. The titanium valve surface coating has been processed incorrectly which can cause premature wearing of the valve guides and lead to burning of oil. The solution is to replace the complete cylinder head. This affects bikes built before 18/5/2020. After 18/5/2020 bikes are not affected.

I know this affects units in AU. Not sure on the US or the rest of the world. If you do not receive a letter then don't worry. Otherwise get the dealer to run your vin and check.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Valves go brrrrr

Reactions: Buttcrack007

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
BMW have released a recall for the cylinder head to be replaced. The titanium valve surface coating has been processed incorrectly which can cause premature wearing of the valve guides and lead to burning of oil. The solution is to replace the complete cylinder head. This affects bikes built before 18/5/2020. After 18/5/2020 bikes are not affected.

I know this affects units in AU. Not sure on the US or the rest of the world. If you do not receive a letter then don't worry. Otherwise get the dealer to run your vin and check.

I'll stick with my 2016 until it explodes

·
8,308 Posts
Damn! At least they caught it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mine has a build date of 12/11/19 so guess mine will be going to the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
So thats a free valve and timing chain adjustment for us as well.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
And I'm sure they will rearrange all the fasteners in your fairings for you too. No extra charge.
I'm confident my dealer will do that during any repair at no extra charge.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts