BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BMW S1000rr M package / 2022 Ducati Streetfighter V4R Dark Stealth
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased 5 blue titanium rear sprocket nutz to replace the OEM nutz.

My question - Is it safe to do (one nut at a time) while the rear wheel is mounted on the bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to confirm....No issues doing the nut swap (5) with rear wheel connected? Lol paranoid

My plan... Impact them off, then loctite and torque them on (one at a time, might do a criss-cross pattern, not sure if it matters doing it this way)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Vendor
5,041 Posts
It might work, it might not.

The reason is that the nut is on a bolt. That bolt has a Torx head as part of the drive nub that goes into the rubber donut. You really are supposed to have the sprocket hub off the wheel and use a Torx to hold the stud/bolt, and tighten the nut.

Now, if you unscrew a nut, and you dont see the bolt turn, it is likely that you can put the nut back on and impact it back on there. Mark the stud you see sticking out, and note if it turns once you remove a nut.

All else fails remove the wheel and do it right.

Reactions: elenamylove

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<< Update >> Completed upgrading rear sproket nutz. All 5 Replaced one at a time in a criss-cross pattern. No loctite was needed, just used Proti antisieze (Proti Blue Titanium nutz) and torqued to 70nm.

Rear wheel remained mounted on bike during installation. (Checked rear wheel alignment) and did a final torque to 70nm in a crisscross pattern.

I then marked each nut with Permatex BOLT MARK to enure nothing comes loose.

If any issues popup I'll update the thread.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts