BMW S1000RR Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mines were leaking from between the halves.

After 3 weeks of begging bmw customer service told me that they would ship the new calipers in 1-2 weeks. Meaning this overpriced example of inadequate QA will be unusable for 2 months by the time it gets fixed and then counting down to the next issue. T

here is a new post on a FB group about a potential issue that impacts the engine:
"...remove this bolt and if all looks normal they replace it with a new one. If they remove it and the thread on the end of the bolt is damaged, it is a new engine time"

Edit:
Something wrong with the machining of an engine mounting screw.

I do want to hope that is not true.
I have also never missed my "cheap" Hondas so much. :D
makelifearide to service and back.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Only the calipers?
How is the brake feel behavior? Etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I replaced the calipers and the banjo fittings. Cut off the stock fittings and installed goodridge reusable fittings. I like the M50. Extremely popular -they are on 6 bikes I have. So easy to get pads at the track. Also I like to feel along with a 17mm master

·
Registered
27 Posts
I spoke to my dealership today and I was told there will not be any brake calipers until end of March.
Using another product voids the warranty. Dealerships asks if big bmw is willing to provide compensation for the time and trackdays I lost or not. But since I will not accept a keychain for 3 months I suppose we will end up in court.
I feel genuinely scammed.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts