BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Does it make a noticeable difference?
I bought a pair but have not installed them yet.
Looks like a relatively easy swap
You'll definitely feel a difference. I'd have to do a back to back comparison to really decide which is better for the track, but for the street I'd say they are great.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
547 Posts
The feedback is fantastic, makes it much more nimble and easier to flick. Better leverage on the Race 550 GP bars. I'm very curious to ride a k67 with riser bars. Wonder if it will make me feel disconnected from the bike ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bumping an old thread because I can't find any information on the street version Gilles clip-ons aside from here. Anyone have the slightest clue where I can find a set of the street version?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
547 Posts
Awesome. I got the gp2 lt. They allowed me to drop them 10mm from stock and forward around 25mm. More of a racy feel better control less input needed. And with yours you don't need the extra bracket that mine required.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Awesome. I got the gp2 lt. They allowed me to drop them 10mm from stock and forward around 25mm. More of a racy feel better control less input needed. And with yours you don't need the extra bracket that mine required.
Do you ride street and if so, how do they feel? I have the race version in a box but don't have the clamps for the triple. I figured the street version would be better for the street ergonomics but may toss my race version on.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
547 Posts
Do you ride street and if so, how do they feel? I have the race version in a box but don't have the clamps for the triple. I figured the street version would be better for the street ergonomics but may toss my race version on.
Hey man, I mostly ride track but I haven't in a while.. work and such. 9k miles and 7500 of it on the track approx. Might ride the mountain once a week that's only 200miles on a Sunday am.
The lower / wider bars are actually more comfy. The ergos are good for me.. clipons rearsets and tank cover.. fits my frame finally.
I'm 6ft (almost 6"1' lol) 245lbs. And I wear a sz 58 suit/jkt.. so for someone smaller or taller it might take some tweaks.
I felt the oem bars were too high from the beginning.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts