BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
4,687 Posts
You going to need the front forged wheel and rotors and ABS ring.

The rear you need the right side spacer for the forged wheel. The drive hub and spacer interchange on left side.

Rear rotor is the same K46 to the K67 and the ABS ring.

Reactions: simes007us

·
Registered
7 Posts
For a bike that's primarily a street bike, what's the real world advantage of upgrading to forged, and is the price justified?

Same question for carbon fiber?

I have 2 bent wheels now and I'm weighing all my options.
Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
4,687 Posts
For a bike that's primarily a street bike, what's the real world advantage of upgrading to forged, and is the price justified?

Thanks in advance.
If you bent that many wheels, you better stay with what is the cheapest to destroy. Cast..........

The forged and carbon are very lighter in comparison to the cast wheels. If you are just a common street rider there is no reason to really change but to brag to your buddies you have forged or carbon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I HAVE never problem with carbon wheels in to the street (8000 KM 2021), mountain street damaged. My friend hAS one problem estetic line in the trasperent protection, changed in one week to bmw europe (2019 model 17000km)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Forged all day everyday! I just paid $800 for a spare forged rear. When it comes to changing the tires it's easier to mount because it is lighter.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Yikes!
I have been riding since 1985 and never bent a rim

·
Vendor
4,687 Posts
Yikes!
I have been riding since 1985 and never bent a rim
I hit a turtle on a 2008 GSXR750 with cast wheels and managed to bend both front and rear. It was a really big turtle and I did a nice wheelie over its backside. ( warning no animals were killed in the event of running over this turtle - only GSXR wheels died )

• Wow
Reactions: cyclesailor955

·
Vendor
4,687 Posts
I have another animal / wheel story.

I was following this KTM RC8 on a back road enjoying some curves. A rabbit came running out of the water ditch and into the KTM rear wheel, that poor rabbit went into the spokes and was flipped up 10 feet into the air, and that thing hit the ground running back to that water ditch. Did not seem to phase nor hurt the thing, and no damage to the wheel.

• Wow
Reactions: karimak2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts