BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take my tank off after foolishly losing a screw inside the tank today. After draining the tank I removed the two electrical connections as well as the main fuel line under the tank with no issues then the three mounting bolts/screws. My question is there are two fittings at the top underside of the tank (shown in red and blue on the sketch) for rubber vent lines. When looking at the tank from the rear, there is a rubber line for the right side fitting but I did not see one for the left side fitting on the tank. Is there only one rubber tube going to the right side? I will admit I did not see the lines when I lifted the tank up and out but found the right side one that popped off when removing when I reinstalled. I cannot find any "stray" vent tube on the left side of the bike to attach to the metal tube shown in blue on the left top underside of the tank. Only one? Or am I still missing a vent line? The attached picture indicates the red "right side" with vent hose attached but the blue side I can find no hose.
Vehicle Water Boat Naval architecture Watercraft

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 BMW M1000rr
81 Posts
I had to take my tank off after foolishly losing a screw inside the tank today. After draining the tank I removed the two electrical connections as well as the main fuel line under the tank with no issues then the three mounting bolts/screws. My question is there are two fittings at the top underside of the tank (shown in red and blue on the sketch) for rubber vent lines. When looking at the tank from the rear, there is a rubber line for the right side fitting but I did not see one for the left side fitting on the tank. Is there only one rubber tube going to the right side? I will admit I did not see the lines when I lifted the tank up and out but found the right side one that popped off when removing when I reinstalled. I cannot find any "stray" vent tube on the left side of the bike to attach to the metal tube shown in blue on the left top underside of the tank. Only one? Or am I still missing a vent line? The attached picture indicates the red "right side" with vent hose attached but the blue side I can find no hose.
View attachment 224085

Thanks.
should be a hose that goes down to the left front side. in the left side panel is also a hole to keep these hoses in place

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should be a hose that goes down to the left front side. in the left side panel is also a hole to keep these hoses in place
Thanks, I still cannot find any stray tube after removing all the panels. I assume it would come off of the charcoal canister on the left side? Hate to impose but could you snap a picture of what I'm missing. I've been trying in vain to find a K67 shop manual but BMW seems to not want to sell them. Makes me wonder if my bike never had the tube connected from the factory by mistake. Any issue with not having the tube connected? I've put over 4k miles on the bike without issue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 BMW M1000rr
81 Posts
Thanks, I still cannot find any stray tube after removing all the panels. I assume it would come off of the charcoal canister on the left side? Hate to impose but could you snap a picture of what I'm missing. I've been trying in vain to find a K67 shop manual but BMW seems to not want to sell them. Makes me wonder if my bike never had the tube connected from the factory by mistake. Any issue with not having the tube connected? I've put over 4k miles on the bike without issue.

Thanks.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Carbon
om
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Grille

1 - 5 of 5 Posts