BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
298 Posts
I just measured the span (center to center) on the EVOTECH spools on my 2021 bike and its 15". Worked fine with the Pit Bull rear stand I have. I did have to slide the adjustable "hooks" out on each side of the stand to get it to work (from where they were on my last bike).

Spools look same as yours - they stick out a bit to clear the low slung swing arm.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
298 Posts
Closeup pics of the spools linked with Pit bull. Note: the pit bull hooks are each in their outermost positions (L/R) of the adjustable stand.
I am satisfied with the Pit Bull though at times its a bit nerve racking lifting bike on it by myself in the dark when tired but it does seem to be an industry standard and is very well built and does work very well.
There is also the Abba Superbike Stand as an option that some like so you may want to look into that since its about the same money and possibly easier to use. I have one on order just for curiosity but don't yet have so can't comment directly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
298 Posts
I prefer the rear pull but to each their own. Here is a video discussing the two:

Also, here is an entertaining and informative review of stands by a vendor that does excellent reviews of products on Youtube (that he sells in his company):

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
298 Posts
I think his point is that the pit bull is in all ways quite obviously stronger and in all aspects. Ignoring price it seems pretty obvious which stand is superior to the others he bent by hand.

I know I would not want a stand to hold a 430lb to 550lb bike being held up by something that i can easily bend by hand. I mean its pretty embarrassing that those stands can be bent so easily.

Just my opinion :) YMMV

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
298 Posts
Just curious: what's wrong with spools sticking out more (as long as your stand can fit them of course)? Seems like if anything it would be more stable (wider track) and less chance of scratching swingarm/bike when attaching the stand due to more clearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts