BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or do these spools not look right? There's a bit of a gap between the actual bike and where the spool starts.

I contacted the store and they said it's normal. The part number was right PRN012561.

They look like they're sticking out way too far and not flush.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
THANK YOU! I was JUST about to start a discussion on this. My rear spool stands don't fit anymore with the Evotech rear spools installed. I measured middle of the spool to middle of the spool and its roughly 16" which is wider than any regular rear stand. Unless you go for the extra wide ones which will be too wide for this.

Help, please?!

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
336 Posts
I just measured the span (center to center) on the EVOTECH spools on my 2021 bike and its 15". Worked fine with the Pit Bull rear stand I have. I did have to slide the adjustable "hooks" out on each side of the stand to get it to work (from where they were on my last bike).

Spools look same as yours - they stick out a bit to clear the low slung swing arm.

·
Vendor
4,860 Posts
Is it just me, or do these spools not look right? There's a bit of a gap between the actual bike and where the spool starts.

I contacted the store and they said it's normal. The part number was right PRN012561.

They look like they're sticking out way too far and not flush.
They are just machined that way. Is it fit and function? Yes, they fit on the swing arm without binding against the swing arm recess. Do they function as lift points for the rear stand? Yes, they do as you will just adjust your rear stand to the spools ( as long as yours is adjustable ) ..

Do they look right? No, they are sticking out too far in my opinion.

I have some $25 spools that are flush up against the swing arm and allow for the exact amount of recess area in the swingarm so they do not stick out in appearance. They are just the extension of the swingarm so the PitBull stand attaches and does its job of lifting. I have 7 S1000RR and it is a 100% requirement that my pitbull stands will interchange from each bike to bike so I dont have to remember which one goes where.

You can modify those spools if you have a belt sander. They just need the part going against the swingarm recess ground down so they fit more flush. There is still the other step point they built into the spool that is going to stick out too, but at least they would be tucked in better.

Reactions: Kentrolla

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
336 Posts
Closeup pics of the spools linked with Pit bull. Note: the pit bull hooks are each in their outermost positions (L/R) of the adjustable stand.
I am satisfied with the Pit Bull though at times its a bit nerve racking lifting bike on it by myself in the dark when tired but it does seem to be an industry standard and is very well built and does work very well.
There is also the Abba Superbike Stand as an option that some like so you may want to look into that since its about the same money and possibly easier to use. I have one on order just for curiosity but don't yet have so can't comment directly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I have a Bursig stand that I'm yet to fit to the 22RR (used to use it for a 2014 HP4). The bolt is next to impossible to loosen, so I have to take it to a shop to use a breaker bar or something.

Pitbull stands are sofa king expensive. I'll look out for another less expensive one with a 15" opening and a good return policy lol

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
I'm always glad I bought the forward-armed Pitbull rear stand for safety. I can easily roll it under the bike while on the side stand, then grab the left handlebar and lift the arm with my foot. Nearly 100% impossible to dump the bike with no other help. Same goes for the 600# BMW RT I also get up on a Pitbull rear stand with a roller that fits in the hole in the single-sided final drive and has a forward arm.

"Sofa King expensive" has a earned place in my world.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
336 Posts
I prefer the rear pull but to each their own. Here is a video discussing the two:

Also, here is an entertaining and informative review of stands by a vendor that does excellent reviews of products on Youtube (that he sells in his company):

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, here is an entertaining and informative review of videos by a vendor that does excellent reviews of products on Youtube (that he sells in his company):
I did have a look at this video a while ago. The video seemed more entertaining then informative.

Applying outward pressure like that to "test" for quality is rather stupid on his part. That's not the way they're designed to be used.

It's like pushing a 400KG heavy duty squat rack on the sides from the top and saying "look, they're not stable at all".

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
336 Posts
I think his point is that the pit bull is in all ways quite obviously stronger and in all aspects. Ignoring price it seems pretty obvious which stand is superior to the others he bent by hand.

I know I would not want a stand to hold a 430lb to 550lb bike being held up by something that i can easily bend by hand. I mean its pretty embarrassing that those stands can be bent so easily.

Just my opinion :) YMMV

1 - 20 of 32 Posts