BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about 18:00 seconds in the attached video you can see that the sports display on the dash changes from the Sports 2 display back to the Sports 1 display.

I was using the Sports 2 (or 3) display to show the lap time and the delta compared to the best lap. This is working fine.

My issue is that I am unintentionally changing the display via the Multi-Controller.
Question: Is it possible to select the Sports display and have it stay there? or make it the default display?

Or is the better option to replace the Multi-Controller with buttons?

Helmet Tire Wheel Sports equipment Vehicle

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hit the wheel all the time and know before I even watch my videos
Yes, I also know before I watch the video :)

Sometimes I even change the screen back when I get a chance. This is a tight little track though and my ability is not great, so concentrating on the track is usually a better use of my brain. Especially as I have generally unintentionally changed the screen again within a lap or two.

I have even tried just mechanically chocking the gap in-between the controller and the switch housing after selecting the correct screen. The controller doesn't move much then, but just a fraction of an inch is enough for the switch to work. It's really sensitive. Which is normally a good thing?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your video is great! What camera are you using and how are you getting the displays on the bottom?
All and any tips appreciated.
Shame about the sound (hey Frank), I haven't worked that part out yet.

It's a bit of stuffing about.
Video is using GoPro (9 I think? Newish anyway)
The telemetry comes from the BMW data logger. You can export a .CSV file.
The GPS from the GoPro itself.
I use race renderer 3 software by HPtuners which is common for cars and bikes for track/race for videos. You can add all sorts of dials, etc.
Synchronise both files for time (I used the gear changes into 4th gear)
Race renderer creates the final video.

I'd rather have the info on the dash live than the video (the video stuff is just a secondary thing), which is what the original post is about. The live Delta works great. Until I unintentionally change the dash!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts